Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: heat

1. Default heat

Featured Sponsor

Any tips to keep for becoming over heated when wearing gloves and sleeves?

I wear 'em in the cab of the truck with the A/C goin full blast,,,never once got overheated!

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Any tips to keep for becoming over heated when wearing gloves and sleeves?

Hydrate....drink plenty of fluids. Line work isn't for the weak and like I tell my apes " You can make it your way" @ Burger King..

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    Hydrate....drink plenty of fluids. Line work isn't for the weak and like I tell my apes " You can make it your way" @ Burger King..
    WoW tough guy never gets over heated !! I guess i wouldn t either if i lived in SD !! I just asked a question i dont need some internet jerk off trying to put me down if you dont have anything useful then shut up

5. Default Gettin' heated in the gloves & sleeves

If you feel your over-heated or getting that way, back out and chill for a bit. If your crew lead lips off on how tough HE is or rather was, let him know your just playin' it safe. No one can argue with safety.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    WoW tough guy never gets over heated !! I guess i wouldn t either if i lived in SD !! I just asked a question i dont need some internet jerk off trying to put me down if you dont have anything useful then shut up
    Your going to need to toughen your skin up...Linework isn't for everyone, it's called constructive criticism, he wasn't putting you down. He gave you advice, hydrate.

Take breaks, drink water and drink it often. We'll go through damn near 5 gallons everyday in this heat.

It kills me to go from cold A/C to heat, during the day I'd rather stay a constant hot then a mixture of hot to cold.

Something that's worked well for me in the past is called the MiraCool. Its a bandanna that has the top part filled with silicon grains. You soak it in ice water for a while and the grains inflate with water. Then you stick it inside your hard hat.
    A penny saved is a penny earned, but a stolen case of beer gets you a hell of a lot drunker.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas View Post
    Your going to need to toughen your skin up...Linework isn't for everyone, it's called constructive criticism, he wasn't putting you down. He gave you advice, hydrate.

Take breaks, drink water and drink it often. We'll go through damn near 5 gallons everyday in this heat.

It kills me to go from cold A/C to heat, during the day I'd rather stay a constant hot then a mixture of hot to cold.
    I ll give you that i probly took a little personal and thanks for the advice

Another good thing to do is drink a couple bottles of water in the morning before you start work get good and hydrated before you start work makes me feel better
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

Featured Sponsorr

I've seen our Sub crew's with these:

http://www.texsoinstruments.com/ppe-...h-cooling-vest

I would imagine the same could apply if needed and the heat was that bad. You had better check your companies policies, especially in the FR workwear dept.

Good luck
    Regards,
    -Mike