Featured Sponsor

It's funny how that crap happens!! Met a guy that worked for Progress in Florida, in the Orlando area.......asked if he might know a cousin of mine that is a Tman in Longwood,outside Orlando.............guy said yep, I was his Sr lineman when he hired on!!

Small world sometimes!!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

Line work is a small world and the brotherhood is even smaller. I will not give someone anyone's phone number with out calling that person and getting their permission first. So by being that way I will not drop anyones name on a public forum, simply just giving them the respect of there privacy.

Default That storm, 2 Spark.

My memory says it was March of 77, but maybe it was 76.

I remember we worked mostly on some wood 115 KV just east of Sidney, Neb. It was a memorably one. Everything running east and west regardless, was on the ground.

I recall the supt. who looked it over from Helicopter said York was the epicenter.

REC's took many distb. poles that were broke off at ground level and just stuck them back in the ground temporary. Had some real low lines for quite awhile until contractors could rebuild them.

I recall some farmers talking in the restaurant. One was telling the others in regard to a wood 230 KV line that ran from Sidney sub to the east. "Yep, I heard that co. was going belly up after this storm." Of course it belonged to NPPD and just like other big storms, they just rebuilt it.

Only bonafide co. I can ever remember really going belly up was one named Colorado Ute. It was a T & D outfit and did bite the dirt, in the 70's I think.

filthy...remember that name? filthy. Good lineman... been eveywhere. woody

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    Bicentennial 1976 Man what a year. All the stinking overtime a man could stand.

You don't see many tower's like this from ice.
    I saw more Ice and snow in 76 than I've ever seen in my Life!!!!! Of course, I was in King Salmon, Alaska form Jan 76-Jan 77!!!!!!!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often