Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Floater......

Default Floater......

Featured Sponsor

Saw this today riding 4 wheelers in the hills..........wonder if Swampy can figure out what caused it........

Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

I bet if no one calls that in it'll stay that way for years I would've loved to see that lightning strike.or possible the insulator is cracked. Looks like they used a 5kv insulator on 7.6kv
    Last edited by topgroove; 10-31-2010 at 12:25 AM.

I know it will stay that way...probably until the line burns down...again.... But lightning didn't cause this!!!

It's on Entergy property in North Central Arkansas..........and as dry as it is now, there is truck access......on another note.....

A few spans of a feeder was relocated in Camden, in the fall of 08... a DDE pole with underslungs on it was replaced, along with new blades...a N.O. tie between 2 feeders.......at the time had bucket access.....I was off when the relocate/pole change was done, but I told the bossman, that the jumpers on one side of the pole were not run, when the outage was done to relocate all the stuff........he assured me a crew would be there in a few days to finish the job........drove by there the other day, and NO jumpers have been run!!!

Current Supv doesn't care and then when the time comes, and they need that set of blades to 'tie to'.........all hell will break loose on the lineman/t-man cause it hasn't been done before now...............

Well thats what you get when you let contractors do work outside of their comfort level You get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by topgroove View Post
    Well thats what you get when you let contractors do work outside of their comfort level You get what you pay for.
    yessir!!

You get what you pay for.

But contractors are paid more?

I suppose I agree with that statement...
    Last edited by bones; 10-31-2010 at 11:29 AM.

I guess I didn't read where Trbl639 said contractors did this pole, so it had to be some of the power company pukes....

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    CONTRACTOR'S AT FAULT?? Looks like some jack leg paper shuffler had the wrong pole height. Seems like from the answers on the last three post you guys just wipe your ass on spec books and blue prints.
    Called and talked to an old bud that works that area........he said he worked the trouble call.....contractors worked it, they happened to be close and the only pole they had with them was a 45, which they set, cause they were a long ways from a pole yard, and they really needed a 40 (broke pole was a 35) to give more clearance over the road.............so a freaking spec book had nothing to do with it!!

BTW........he didn't know about the floater, said he hadn't been on that line since the outage that day......

Damn to bad the contractors didn't just cut the top of the new 45 down to size. They must've realized something was wrong when they tied in the primary and could see what was going on one pole away Probably figured screw it ... let the utility pukes worry about it.

Featured Sponsorr

Damn to bad the contractors didn't just cut the top of the new 45 down to size. They must've realized something was wrong when they tied in the primary and could see what was going on one pole away Probably figured screw it ... let the utility pukes worry about it.
    More than likey...or it was Friday and beer thirty!!