Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Default Longshoreman's Union

Featured Sponsor

The Longshore brotherhood has clerks and others. Each group negotiates there own deals. It could work for us. The teck people (meter, radio, like that) in one group. Non apprentice workers one group. Clerks and finance one group. Even supervisors one group. Management would always be involved negotiating and we could leap frog wage/benefit percentages.

if it was any of your business you would know

Default Good

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Linemen...should take note. I've talked this for YEARS.
    A LINEMANS ONLY Union. All I've always been told..."There's strenght in NUMBERS". The IBEW.

Hows that workin for ya?
    We are the biggest segment of your 7 percent that is ruining Europe
    It's working good

I can say that things got better for us...lineman....when the power company split the 'plants' and distribution, and we negotiated seperate contracts.........

for years, we thought we had a pretty decent contract, but being out numbered by the guys at the power plants, it would get voted down.once we negotiated seperate, it worked better for us...........although the clerks, substa/relay, meter shop, mechanics and all usually got the same percentage as lineman........
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

It's a start.
    A Truely LINEMANS Union...would be a Wonderful thing.

It is you dumb fu(k........I belong to one....why don't you read the whole thread or does your Alzheimer's affect that too?

Well, then your one of the Lucky Linemen. Most Linemen, belong to the "colective" Ibew.

Collective has two L's you smart lineman, you are real good at riding the fence on issues you know nothing about and all you'll end up getting is a sore crotch. Why would a super star rat like yourself even jump into a thread with the title of this one? Topgroove is correct in his "Predictions for 2011". You need to read the whole thing and you will see one of TG's predictions is "Swamprat will continue to ruin most threads with off topic posts." Your not as good a lineman as you remember your self and your Alzheimer's disease has become worse.

if it was any of your business you would know

Default Why would Swampy join anyway?

He is a "mustang" after all....

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8174353/

Even if you joined a "lineman"s only" union how would that work for a independant, free-ranger like yourself, Swamprat. At your core - you are anti collective and need no one but your self as you sink or swim on your own actions.

School me. Anti Union? Pro Union? or just a sh*t stirring troll?
    Last edited by climbsomemore; 12-28-2010 at 11:51 AM.

The absolute last thing SwampRat should ever post about is UNION. He has shown 100's of times how he dont comprehend any kind of union mentality.I spoze he can run up his number of posts but he has no clue about unions or knowledge. His only defense is always that we dont like non union folks........when if fact we just kinda brush off the dummies of which he is and has been the biggest to post on this site.He never will get the fact that a Lineman is more than a man that can climb a pole,Nor will he ever fathom the idea that actual training takes place at most all union places of work.I spect his apprentices from the past have long since surpassed him but dont have the heart to tell him how damn dumb he is and was.
    What Stevie told him about a non union, yet trained lineman can go to any local and catch out is absolutely true. He would prefer to bleve its all a union or non thing when its just not.Thick doesnt began to describe his headbone.Feeble does kinda. I say let him post his dribble and ignore it...... by making a reply we encourage more of the same.

8. Default Cianbro

Do any1 know anything about Cianbro? Union/non Union.. ect....

9. Default

Non-union as far as I know.

Default Swampdummy.

Featured Sponsorr

Unfortunately, after 7 years with the company, a number of Journeymen were given a choice by Progress. Be demoted to 3rd step apprentice and stay, or take 10K and resign. The ones I knew, took the 10K and walked right down the street and went to work for a non union muni. It wasen't the unions fault. It just went by seniority.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some folks seem to think if you are Union then that protects you from layoffs. Power co's layoff when ever they decide to.

If you are Union at least you are usually protected by seniority. Thank God for seniority. Would you rather they used brother-in-laws?

You don't savvy do you?