Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Featured Sponsor

4/18/2017

What's up guys?

Been a long slow road the past couple of months, and I dont even know if anybody still reads this damn thing, but hopefully this might help someone someday, It's tough to keep motivated, but I'm still pushing on. Nothing really new as far as progressing beyond applications at this point, unfortunately. Still just keeping on, keepin on.

So far, at this point, I still havn't chosen to apply to a Power Company, or Co-Op. Kind of still giving the contractor route, through the Hall my everything until I land something, however, I am leaning more and more towards "any apprenticeship that will have me, anywhere, despite if it is a Power Company, or thru the hall......as long as it is union based.

These are the locals I have applied to the apprenticeship through so far, as well as the dates and what has happened with them up to this point so far.....

Feb. 2016-
    Local 1319 - Scranton / Wilkes-Barre - applied, had written test, interviewed in April, 2016. Havn't heard a thing yet.

May 2016-
    Local 876 - Michigan - applied in May, had interview in Sept 2016. Havnt heard anything since. Told me I was #104 on the applicant list.

Jan. 2017-
    Local 145 - Moline, Illinois - applied in Jan, have interview scheduled for May 8, 2017

April 18, 2017
    Local 1393 - Indianapolis, IN - applied
    Local 245 - Toledo, Ohio - applied
    Local 317 - Huntington, WV - applied
    Local 369 - Louisville, KY - applied
    Local 70 - Washington, DC - applied
    Local 71 - Columbus, OH - applied

Yea, I kind of went on an applicant binge today! Hopefully somewhere in the ALBAT region picks me up. I figure, the more lines off the back of your boat, the greater chance you have of a fish biting one of them.

I also applied to DTE Energy in Michigan back in January, 2017 and just got the "thanks, but no thanks" email back this week. No reason, no rhyme, just that they have chosen other people. I have a buddy who also applied and got the same email. His brother works for DTE and he said that this round of applications was only for guys who were lineman already from other contractors or companies, who wanted to apply. We'll see. I wouldn't mind working for DTE at all. They seem like a great company to work for.

In the meantime, I'm signed on Groundman books for

Local 17
    Local 876
    Local 245
    Local 71
    Local 317
    Local 307
    Local 141
    Local 126
    Local 70
    Local 71

Granted, I'm a book 4 guy, but I keep calling and emailing and faxing in every month, and I see that my spot does climb a little bit each month. We'll just keep keeping on, keepin on.

I'll keep ya'll posted if I hear anything further.

2. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Dude...one thing you got is Tenacity.

I think I told ya a LONG time ago...Get a CDL, sign on with a Non union contractor, get some experience...THEN try to get on with a union outfit.

I've seen it too many times. You're not gettin on with a union apprenticeship.
    Least that's my opinion.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~