Featured Sponsor

It's frustrating when you know all the answers,
    but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.

Maybe that should be telling you something if you are intelligent to figure it out.....you definitely are not a leader...

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Never proclaimed to be a "leader".

That's really obvious, you couldn't even spell American correctly in the title of the thread. Impressive..... what a ragtag you are....

Whether concerning guns, abortion, gay Americans, immigration or judicial appointments, the line connecting the now commonplace rhetoric of the Republican Party to right-wing terror is a very short one.
    Increasingly, the conservative movement finds its strongest support at the dark nexus inhabited by gun rights advocates, religious zealots, white supremacists, anti-immigrant xenophobes, pro-life activists and anti-government crusaders.
    The Growing Right-Wing Body Count
    In October, Fox and Friends host Brian Kilmeade declared, "Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims." Of course, Timothy McVeigh, the killer of 168 Americans in the worst act of domestic terrorism prior to 9/11 was no jihadist, but an anti-government extremist and militia member. And his heirs have a growing body count of their own.
    That includes men and McVeigh worshippers like Bruce and Joshua Turnidge. The father and son team of right-wing terrorists killed two policemen and wounded two others in their botched December 2008 bombing of a Woodburn, Oregon bank. Convicted and sentenced to death last month, their trial revealed that the Wells Fargo explosion in the days just after the election of Barack Obama allegedly had a much more sinister motivation than mere cash:
    Bruce and Joshua Turnidge had long harbored anti-government feelings, but the November 2008 presidential election of Barack Obama served as a "catalyst" for the father and son to plant a bomb at the West Coast Bank and plan a bank robbery, prosecutors said today.
    The two men feared that the Obama administration would impose a slate of new restrictions on gun ownership, Marion County deputy district attorney Katie Suver said in opening statements in the aggravated murder trials for the two men. Bruce Turnidge, years ago during the Clinton administration, had similarly anticipated a crackdown on Second Amendment rights and sought funding to start his own militia, she said.
    Last edited by topgroove; 01-18-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Judicial Intimidation
    In December, right-wing radio shock jock and past Sean Hannity regular Hal Turner was sentenced to 33 months in jail for his on-air threats against federal judges in Chicago. But when Turner posted information about the judges online and declared, "Let me be the first to say this plainly: these Judges deserve to be killed," he differed only in degree and not kind from some of the biggest names in the Republican Party.
    The not-too-thinly veiled threats to American judges offer a particularly telling example. In June 2007, Judge Reggie Walton was only the latest to receive threatening calls and letters, just days after he handed down his sentence in the Scooter Libby case.
    Sadly, many of the leading lights in the Republican Party have it made clear that judicial intimidation is now an acceptable part of conservative discourse and political strategy. Senator John Cornyn (R-TX), himself a former Texas Supreme Court Justice, has been at the forefront of GOP advocacy of violence towards members of the bench whose rulings part ways with conservative orthodoxy.
    Back in 2005, Cornyn was one of the GOP standard bearers in the conservative fight against so-called "judicial activism" in the wake of the Republicans' disastrous intervention in the Terri Schiavo affair. On April 4th, Cornyn took to the Senate floor to issue a not-too-thinly veiled threat to judges opposing his reactionary agenda. Just days after the murders of a judge in Atlanta and the spouse of another in Chicago, Cornyn offered his endorsement of judicial intimidation:
    "I don't know if there is a cause-and-effect connection, but we have seen some recent episodes of courthouse violence in this country...And I wonder whether there may be some connection between the perception in some quarters, on some occasions, where judges are making political decisions yet are unaccountable to the public, that it builds up and builds up and builds up to the point where some people engage in, engage in violence."
    The impact of tacit conservative endorsement of violence against judges cannot be dismissed. After all, it extends to members of the Supreme Court of the United States. In March 2006, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg revealed that she and Justice Sandra Day O'Connor were the targets of death threats. On February 28th, 2005, the marshal of the Court informed O'Connor and Ginsburg of an Internet posting citing their references to international law in Court decisions (a frequent whipping boy of the right) as requiring their assassination:
    "This is a huge threat to our Republic and Constitutional freedom...If you are what you say you are, and NOT armchair patriots, then those two justices will not live another week."
    Neither O'Connor nor Ginsburg are shy about making the connection between Republican rhetoric of judicial intimidation and the upswing in threats and actual violence against judges. Ginsburg noted that they "fuel the irrational fringe" O'Connor blamed Cornyn and his fellow travelers for "creating a culture" in which violence towards judges is merely another political tactic:
    "It gets worse. It doesn't help when a high-profile senator suggests a 'cause-and-effect connection' [between controversial rulings and subsequent acts of violence.]"
    When anthrax spores were mailed to the Supreme Court in 2001, it did not require a leap of imagination to speculate on the ideological persuasion of the culprit. Aided by best-selling conservative author and media personality Ann Coulter, who joked in January 2006, "We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee," the right-wing endorsement of retribution against judges increasingly permeates the culture.
    Last edited by topgroove; 01-18-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Default Huh?

Amrican? Wasn't that the outfit that went belly up?

Muy naim iss swimprat, ah em a linmun. I bin tue hayrabiuh. Ah doan nead to spill kause I ant uh englush techer.
    Last edited by wtdoor67; 01-19-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Talking American Lies

Featured Sponsorr

Swamp and Stevie- Cool it. The congress ( both house and senate ) lie everyday to the american people. What is funny we see it as plain as day, and they are not smart enough to know that we know.

But lets get the issue of the Arizona shooting. If there was a clergyman holding a rally at that location instead of a congress woman, the results would have been the same. This guy was off his rocker and was determined to kill someone that day, it did not matter who. If it had been anyone else but Giffords, the story would have lasted about 60 minutes on all major media outlets. As a result of this we do not need any more gun laws, mental health laws, assembly laws etc. We already have everything in place, and one slipped through the cracks, it happens and will happen again.

The sherrif started the whole ball rolling when he spoke as a politican and not the chief law enforcement officer for the county. He lost all objectivity when he opened his mouth and said this was the result of political rhetoric without any facts or evidence to back it up. He ought to think about retiring. He spoke before any investigation had began which in many instances proved to be lies. The President gave a very good speech at the memorial service. I do not like the man, I did not vote for him and never will, but I was very pleased with that speech. But the media ( left, right, and center )could not leave it alone. I was very disappointed in them all. The President was trying to heal a nation, no political agenda.

I was not always a lineman. In my law enforcement days I have investigated many homicides and other felony crimes. I was assigned to Washington DC for three years, the absolute cespool of America. But anyway, we never made any comments about the crime motives, the reasons, or the why's until we had all the FACTUAL answers and evidence. This sherrif did not, he was speaking his feelings, and as such started a wave of instant finger pointing, false allagations, which in some cases amounted to pure hatered. There is no room in this world or society for hatered- is destroys everything in it's path.

We have the right to voice our opinion, the right to free press, the right to free speech. If you do not like what someone is saying, you can express your opinion, but lets be civil about it. Violence and hatered does not cure a damn thing, it only esculates things.

I listen to Fox, CNN, CNBC,NPR, local stations of ABC<NBC< CBS. Somewheres in the middle of all that garbage( left, right, center ) they broadcast, you pretty well find the truth. Do not limit yourselve to 1 or 2 newsw sources, you will be mis-informed about many things.