Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

No man, you and Talkram are encouraged to reapply. I hope you guys do. Next time around apply for multiple positions. The letter says that if you would have done that to begin with, you would have got hired this time around.

I posted my letter in the other area. I think thats the official sorry letter of the year lol. I'm pretty pissed, but what can ya do?

2. Default

A GLIMMER OF HOPE for all those that received the "sorry" letter regarding this position!!!!! ....***Absolutely unbelievable***...... I can't believe this but I just got a call this last Friday offering me the Pre-Apprentice Lineman job. I took the ALP on JANUARY 29TH and received the sorry letter about 2 weeks later. I was really bummed out... all that hard work and nothing to show for it BUT I just received a call telling me that my interview score was just under the lowest score that they had decided to hire at the time.. In other words, I didn't quite make the cut back in late January/early February... but then she said that They had recently decided to lower the cutoff score and offer jobs to those who didn't quite make the cut but were very close!! Crazy how things work sometimes!! Like I said... absolutely unbelievable.

Congratulations! Thats amazing news for you. This is a life changing opportunity for most. I hope you make the best of it. I hear the bootcamp is pretty tough and about half cant hack it.

Let us know how it goes for you. I dont think any of us are giving up.

How many areas did you apply to? Most of us did only 1 area but this second time around we did every one of them.

I just applied for 5 pre-aprentice openings. Heres to hoping... Really hope I can get in.

5. Default

Congrats to rsjindeed. That's pretty crazy calling you months after the sorry letter. I got the sorry letter earlier this week. I must have scored pretty low on the interview if they lowered the interview score required and I still wasn't selected. Guess that tells me what to work on.

6. Default

I need some advice, i took the ptb and ist test and passed but i never got called to do the ALP , Is anyone in the same problem i have. i did My tests in february.... i called the recruiter and they said i was still under review...

You need to call Danielle dude

8. Default

My group was the first group to test for the ALP and interview on January 29th. You can read my earlier posts in this thread and others if your curious where I'm at in this process. I have a friend who has been hired, and a friend who has received the sorry letter. In fact, as previously mentioned, I received the sorry letter too.... only to have it rescinded and offered the job 3 months later. If there is one thing I have learned throughout this application process is that PG&E has a lot on its plate, and that the hiring process POST interview is obviously very very time consuming for them. HR has its work cut out to say the least. Because this large scale Pre-Apprentice hiring process has never been previously attempted by PG&E, by the flow of things it seems as if they were experimenting at first, trying to find out where a good cutoff interview score might be....and it seems that now, they definitely have come up with one and the process will probably start to pick up some pace throughout this next 17-city hiring. For all those who have interviewed, but are still lying in wait regarding an answer........patience is the key. I suck at being patient and I hate it when people tell me to be patient, but in this particular case, there is no other option. In time, you WILL find out. It took my buddy a MONTH to get offered the job after getting an email telling him that he will hear back within a week. Just be confident that HR is working hard on getting everything taken care of... and that your name will eventually come up on the list of people to call, or people to write.... just pray that your on the write list

Quote Originally Posted by rjsindeed View Post
    My group was the first group to test for the ALP and interview on January 29th. You can read my earlier posts in this thread and others if your curious where I'm at in this process. I have a friend who has been hired, and a friend who has received the sorry letter. In fact, as previously mentioned, I received the sorry letter too.... only to have it rescinded and offered the job 3 months later. If there is one thing I have learned throughout this application process is that PG&E has a lot on its plate, and that the hiring process POST interview is obviously very very time consuming for them. HR has its work cut out to say the least. Because this large scale Pre-Apprentice hiring process has never been previously attempted by PG&E, by the flow of things it seems as if they were experimenting at first, trying to find out where a good cutoff interview score might be....and it seems that now, they definitely have come up with one and the process will probably start to pick up some pace throughout this next 17-city hiring. For all those who have interviewed, but are still lying in wait regarding an answer........patience is the key. I suck at being patient and I hate it when people tell me to be patient, but in this particular case, there is no other option. In time, you WILL find out. It took my buddy a MONTH to get offered the job after getting an email telling him that he will hear back within a week. Just be confident that HR is working hard on getting everything taken care of... and that your name will eventually come up on the list of people to call, or people to write.... just pray that your on the write list

From my experience, this time around I hope to be on the call list myself. lol

But yeah, got applications in to all areas. My area is STILL OPEN! Makes me frustrated because they must not be getting too many applicants to this area. I'm not going to hold my breathe on it though. Ive actually kinda moved on and whatever happens, happens.

Good luck to everyone!

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by bamf123 View Post
    You need to call Danielle dude
    whos danielle and what the number?