Thread: Dave Ramsey

Default Dave Ramsey

Featured Sponsor

1) How many of you listen to him

2) have you taken FPU?

3) How is it going since then?

The Dave Ramsey method is a ’snowball’ approach to paying down your debt. In short, Ramsey suggests that you make minimum payments on all but the debt with the lowest balance. Once the low-balance debt is paid off, you add the dollars that had been going there to what you’ve been paying against the next lowest debt. And so on. The idea is to pick up steam in paying down your debts by knocking them out one by one, and piling up the payments that would have gone to each of the paid off debts in order to knock out the next one. Sounds enticing, but is it a good idea?
    I don't know, personally I always thought it was better to attack the higher interest debt first, or even consolidate the debt and have it paid each week through payrole deduction.
    I like his idea of shreading all the cards though. I think thats the key, not to take on any new debt.

Groove's got a good point about the high interest first. I tend to agree, but I also see the value in having some small frequent "victories" first.

We play the blame game all the time on here, but I've got a bit of truth:
    A damn good portion of our national woes is a result of a lack of personal responsibility (economically, and socially) and have not a damn thing to do with red State blue State.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    There ya go.
    How...do we CHANGE THAT?
    Start with that one in the mirror.....once he's perfect, well......you had better take another look!

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    So much for..."talkin" to a guy like you.....
    Don't get offended and butt hurt......we all have a man in the mirror that is not quite what we would like him to be.

No offense was intended. I meant the "you in general" not the "you in particular", friend.

First I heard of this guy, I feel sorry for folks that over extended them selves. I have no debt and have no need to barrow any money or run plastic cards up to the max. $120,000 to $150,000 salary of a lineman and your in debt and have the wife working too? Of course my Dad always said a man has it made when both the wife and TV are working..

Default I wish I had taken the class 30 years ago

I'm not sure if I'd been ready to do it, but it makes you think about all the money we'ved given someone else instead of planning for the future.

We are paying for our 3 kids to take it now.

Because I bought an old farm house 34 years ago for $26,000 and done the majority of the remodeling, we have no mortgage. With 8 years to go to retirement, I'm trying to plan better now. And it's a heck of a lot easier to give to the causes that are important to you with no debt.

have no idea who he is
    but if hes anything like his brother gordon i dont want to know him
    engineers aren,t god,s

Talking Dave Ramsey

Featured Sponsorr

Maybe we should Ramsey, Ozman, and ther others to the nations cespool ( Washington, DC) and give the president and all of congress the lessons of financial management and responsibilty, cause I can't afford them anymore.