Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

I carry lineman and splicers ticket. Been in the underground for some time now. Yes, 480 at 40,000amps plus, in close proximaty requires 40cal suits or higher. Transmission arc calculations are lower becuase of the conductor spread will not allow the arc to sustain. Go figure.

Default Damn Harry!

I have a lot of respect for you, that is a part of linework I want nothing to do with. Be safe Harry, test and ground!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer gone soft View Post
    Barehander,

Thomas Edison refused to see the AC was the way to go for electrical distribution systems. He launched a smear campaign so effective against Westinghouse, that for years to be electrocuted was called "Westinghoused".

My point?

Pioneers are often mistaken.

FDR was wrong.

Government employees are not "public servants"......

They are employees-- with rights.
    OK............

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Harry View Post
    So if your public utility hires a private contractor to restore your power, would they be allowed to be union?
    They are being paid with your tax dollars.
    No, they are not.................

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Harry View Post
    Are you saying as a public employee, I have no right to IBEW representation?
    I didn't say anything.......

Default horse puckey.

Why Swimp sucky, when I worked for the Fed. from 73 until 78, I didn't pay social Security. Instead we paid 7% of our wages into our Fed. retirement yeararound. Dang we should have protested shouldn't we?

What makes your dumb ass think Govt. workers don't need a union? Does the fact a person is working for some sort of Govt., State etc. entity mean they will automatically treat you with great kindness.

The reason all these different entities go Union is not about wages, it's about conditions you dumb cluck.

Course you don't understand all this Union "rhetoric", do you?

Oh hell, what's the use?

Quote Originally Posted by wtdoor67 View Post
    Why Swimp sucky, when I worked for the Fed. from 73 until 78, I didn't pay social Security. Instead we paid 7% of our wages into our Fed. retirement yeararound. Dang we should have protested shouldn't we?

What makes your dumb ass think Govt. workers don't need a union? Does the fact a person is working for some sort of Govt., State etc. entity mean they will automatically treat you with great kindness.

The reason all these different entities go Union is not about wages, it's about conditions you dumb cluck.

Oh hell, what's the use?
    Are you talking to me?

Quote Originally Posted by wtdoor67 View Post

Oh hell, what's the use?
    Door.......You dont understand Swamps UNIQUE thought process........It is ok for the public to subsidize the politicians salaries, benefits, and pensions....which no one has a say in except the lowlife politicians who vote themselves raises on a regular basis, but it is not ok for public employees, who by the way, actually do work, actually pretty important work, that we take for granted, to negotiate their wages and bennies and working conditions. Look at em.....those teachers etc are becoming millionaires at our expense, it is reprehensible.....you know kind of like us.....becoming millionaires at the expense of our customers.........while our lazy sorry asses just sit around doing nothing all day. What is this world coming to? We all know that there are only people who opress, omit or misuse their powers in the private sector.......Why would these people begin to think they are entitled to representation of any sort?....as a matter of fact why would anyone in any profession feel that they should have any rights in the workplace.......it is socialsim pure and simple, and damn disgusting. They should be happy to receive whatever another entity dictates is appropriate for them, you know like those third world employees that receive 10 cents an hour to work their asses off, hey 10 cents is better than nothing. Quit your bitching you damn whiners. Swamp is just misunderstood!!!! Oh and by the way Swamp, I was not insinuating that those politicians that our tax dollars pay for do nothing.........actually they do a really good job of F*%king the middle class while doing the tough job of ensuring that all the rules are made for the rich and powerful......I feel your pain Swamp....I think I am coming around to your way of thinking.....I am finally seeing "your" light.

NOT!
    Last edited by electriklady; 02-25-2011 at 09:46 PM.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Oh and by the way SwampRAt, I was considering quiting by job and becoming a teacher, but I couldn't afford the CUT IN PAY!
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Default Nixon appointee.

Featured Sponsorr

I only worked for 2 govt. entities. I only remember the administrator of the first fed entity I worked for. That would have been the Southwestern Power Admin. headquartered in Tulsa.

I do not recall his name but I remember he was a NIXON appointee and a banker from Lawton,Ok. I do not think all Nixon appointees were bad but I don't think you would necessarily get the fairest treatment from a Republican administrator if the occasion arose.

My point is, I guess, is that as someone already said. Many govt. agencies are full of political appointees. These are not people you want to work for without some Union representation. They would all be brother-in-law outfits if left to their own devices.

Our wages were basically locked in. They were an average of PSO, OG&E, and Western Farmers Coop. I remember once we had our little bargaining session. It was funny as it came out to something like $5.39 per hr. Our BA said how about if we round it off to $5.40 just to make the math easier. They wouldn't budge and actually had a caucus to decide if they could give us the penny. Nope, can't do it. Ha. The main thing you had to bargain on were conditions. Conditions are very important.

Also as I said before, you sign a no strike clause when you come to work.

Now the people in Wisc. I don't know if they could go on strike. However if they lose their wage negotiations then their Union would be busted as it wouldn't have anything.

Personally I think Greggo just keeps this crap going to hear his jaws flapping. Most of his opinions are just opinions and usually have no basis behind them. Somewhat like his trade opinions which are usually amateurish and downright dumb.