Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Wisconsin loosing right to collective bargaining

What do the republicans here think of what they are trying to do in Wisconsin?

The problem in the rural states is all the elected officials each county is supporting. Each county is supporting and maintenance of a court house. Elects and pays a treasure, clerk assessor and so on. If four counties combined it would cheapen the cost of a court house and paying elected officials. Seems like when the budgets get out of kilt they always look at the working hourly people. Wisconsin is typical with having to many freeloaders living off of the working man in the government system. I feel any one that works middle management for any state should be cut down to 30 or less hours a week with no benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    The "Working hourly people"...are NOT just union people drifter.

That's part of the problem, not just in this state, but ALOT of States.

When "union" employees, in this state, pay ONLY 0.2% of their OWN money into their retirement plan, and the TAXPAYERS of this state Pay the REST...

Compare THAT with the Public sector of the "Working hourly People." No wonder union is pissed. They are actually being asked to contribute....Like 5% of their OWN money. The Taxpayers...foot the other 95% of their union retirement.

I thought we were all in this "Cut and save" thing "together". Cept "Unions" of course. They want their ALL taxpayer PAYED, retirement AND healthcare.

How bout ANY EMPLOYEE, "middle management", Top managment, AND Hourly workers...."be cut down to 30 or less hours a week with no benefits".

Bout as "practical" as TAXPAYERS, Payin ALL union retirement benifits and healthcare. "Negociated or Not".

Noooooo......it is not the working people, they pay for their keep, it is the dead weight of middle management pointing their finger at the working folk.

What do ya mean? The Union workers, (GOVT),...

the damn TAXPAYERS PAY for their retirement, AND their healthcare! They contribute "PITTANCE"!

Come out on the "Street" union boy, to the REAL "Hourly Workers" of America.

REAL Union workers, fight against the Corporations, and...are NEEDED!

"Union workers" that work for GOVT...City, State or FEDERAL...are a Bane to the American Public. NO god damn Govt. worker should be union.

And, if they are, the New Law that they are tryin to pass in Wisconsin...is a Start in the Right Direction.

If TAXPAYERS are payin these "Public employees", then they God damn sure should be more inline with the Main stream of the REAL American "Hourly Workers" in the PRIVATE Sector!!

Who are NOT payed by TAXPAYER dollars.

Union, in City, state or Federal GOVT...is WRONG. "some" call that "Union bustin". Than so be it.

Union has NO place in a Govt. workforce.
    Union should NOT be allowed to "bargin" with The TAXPAYERS that pay their salary. They sould be treated, EXACTLY like Private Sector...."Hourly employees".

Unions were created, to defend the rights of "hourly Workers" against the greed, and slave labor wages of Corporations.

And are still needed.

Union in Govt. Where the TAXPAYER foots the bill? NO!!!

GO Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop!!!!!!! Go read my posts........I have been saying lighten the load with middle management in government positions. You have a turd side ways in your rectum and want to keep talking about unions. Go eat some prunes...

Re read MY posts "boy".

Yes...."All Management" ALSO needs to take a "cut" too.
    But, TAXPAYERS need to STOP footin the COMPLETE bill, for GOVT. "union" retirement funds and Healthcare!

Join the "REAL", Hourly workers of America boy.

In the PRIVATE sector.... NOT Govt union. State or Federal.

"In 2010, the union membership rate--the percent of wage and salary workers who were
    members of a union--was 11.9 percent, down from 12.3 percent a year earlier."

Wisconsin folks pay a state income tax too......do you pay one?

You know Florida doesn't have a State Income tax.

Is THAT what pays union GOVT workers, healthcare and retirement in Wisconsin???

Maby they should Eliminate THAT shit!!
    Maybe you should only worry about things in Florida and not put your nose in politics of other states.

Default horse puckey.

Why Swimp sucky, when I worked for the Fed. from 73 until 78, I didn't pay social Security. Instead we paid 7% of our wages into our Fed. retirement yeararound. Dang we should have protested shouldn't we?

What makes your dumb ass think Govt. workers don't need a union? Does the fact a person is working for some sort of Govt., State etc. entity mean they will automatically treat you with great kindness.

The reason all these different entities go Union is not about wages, it's about conditions you dumb cluck.

Course you don't understand all this Union "rhetoric", do you?

Oh hell, what's the use?

Quote Originally Posted by wtdoor67 View Post
    Why Swimp sucky, when I worked for the Fed. from 73 until 78, I didn't pay social Security. Instead we paid 7% of our wages into our Fed. retirement yeararound. Dang we should have protested shouldn't we?

What makes your dumb ass think Govt. workers don't need a union? Does the fact a person is working for some sort of Govt., State etc. entity mean they will automatically treat you with great kindness.

The reason all these different entities go Union is not about wages, it's about conditions you dumb cluck.

Oh hell, what's the use?
    Are you talking to me?

Quote Originally Posted by wtdoor67 View Post

Oh hell, what's the use?
    Door.......You dont understand Swamps UNIQUE thought process........It is ok for the public to subsidize the politicians salaries, benefits, and pensions....which no one has a say in except the lowlife politicians who vote themselves raises on a regular basis, but it is not ok for public employees, who by the way, actually do work, actually pretty important work, that we take for granted, to negotiate their wages and bennies and working conditions. Look at em.....those teachers etc are becoming millionaires at our expense, it is reprehensible.....you know kind of like us.....becoming millionaires at the expense of our customers.........while our lazy sorry asses just sit around doing nothing all day. What is this world coming to? We all know that there are only people who opress, omit or misuse their powers in the private sector.......Why would these people begin to think they are entitled to representation of any sort?....as a matter of fact why would anyone in any profession feel that they should have any rights in the workplace.......it is socialsim pure and simple, and damn disgusting. They should be happy to receive whatever another entity dictates is appropriate for them, you know like those third world employees that receive 10 cents an hour to work their asses off, hey 10 cents is better than nothing. Quit your bitching you damn whiners. Swamp is just misunderstood!!!! Oh and by the way Swamp, I was not insinuating that those politicians that our tax dollars pay for do nothing.........actually they do a really good job of F*%king the middle class while doing the tough job of ensuring that all the rules are made for the rich and powerful......I feel your pain Swamp....I think I am coming around to your way of thinking.....I am finally seeing "your" light.

NOT!
    Last edited by electriklady; 02-25-2011 at 09:46 PM.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Default Nixon appointee.

I only worked for 2 govt. entities. I only remember the administrator of the first fed entity I worked for. That would have been the Southwestern Power Admin. headquartered in Tulsa.

I do not recall his name but I remember he was a NIXON appointee and a banker from Lawton,Ok. I do not think all Nixon appointees were bad but I don't think you would necessarily get the fairest treatment from a Republican administrator if the occasion arose.

My point is, I guess, is that as someone already said. Many govt. agencies are full of political appointees. These are not people you want to work for without some Union representation. They would all be brother-in-law outfits if left to their own devices.

Our wages were basically locked in. They were an average of PSO, OG&E, and Western Farmers Coop. I remember once we had our little bargaining session. It was funny as it came out to something like $5.39 per hr. Our BA said how about if we round it off to $5.40 just to make the math easier. They wouldn't budge and actually had a caucus to decide if they could give us the penny. Nope, can't do it. Ha. The main thing you had to bargain on were conditions. Conditions are very important.

Also as I said before, you sign a no strike clause when you come to work.

Now the people in Wisc. I don't know if they could go on strike. However if they lose their wage negotiations then their Union would be busted as it wouldn't have anything.

Personally I think Greggo just keeps this crap going to hear his jaws flapping. Most of his opinions are just opinions and usually have no basis behind them. Somewhat like his trade opinions which are usually amateurish and downright dumb.