Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

I was curios what the republicans think, my opinion is if you are having problems busting the union is not the answer, maybe just have to negotiate better. I also think that if they do not have enough money just hitting the middle class is not the answer. I try not to get to involved in your politics, but it is interesting too follow.

I don't like the union busting tactic. I do however believe that Michigan will soon follow suit, state's have created too much debt to put on taxpayers. And in Michigan, with the numbers of people leaving the state, who are you going to get to pay? If the state unions don't realize that they are going to have to change, they will lose support from the folks that work at the gas station, the grocery and hardware store. Those folks that clean their homes and offices, the mechanic that works on the family car, the waitress and bartenders, are not going to have much empathy for those who don't pay anything for their health care and have been getting 3.5% raises for the past several years.

Quote Originally Posted by lewy View Post
    I was curios what the republicans think, my opinion is if you are having problems busting the union is not the answer, maybe just have to negotiate better. I also think that if they do not have enough money just hitting the middle class is not the answer. I try not to get to involved in your politics, but it is interesting too follow.

Default La De Da.

Swimp quote

When I was overseas, the company matched 6%, of what I put into my OWN retirement fund.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------You know in addition to their co. retirement PSO had a 6% match thing. It was called a 401 K. The people who had been there like 30 years or better had some serious money tied up in those. I heard of plenty that had 800 K or better. Now this was just among the peons and I never heard what the management pukes had. I never heard of any of the peons cracking a million but some may have by now.

You could contribute more than 6%, but of course the co. would only match up to 6. Damn Swimp you went all the way to Saudi and you could have had the same benefit in the USA. What a dumb butt.

The retirement there and the 401 K were not negotiable items.

Course I was jist a working hand and didn't get to tell 3rd world dudes how to
    frame an upset bolt. Did they have wood poles? Just a curious thought that hit me. Don't mean to upset the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    Each construction Local is different, but 304 is contractor paid about $5.25 and hour each and every hour worked and fully paid medical dental eyewear, and that doesn't even include your IBEW Penison. Suck eggs on that you non union pukes.
    That is a basic $315,000 for 30 years, and that doesn't include the overtime the interest earned through investment. They have some good investments and control each account on how far away your retirement is. The way the market is now I would imagine you are pulling about 6-7% interest on that money.

Wonder what Pike has for retirement??
    Little Fat man why don't you shut your liberal mouth?

You small minded man....so filled with hatred and venom for anything union, anything "working man".....so filled will blind adoration for anything "anti-democrat" pro big business and pro bullshit!

It seems to me that the union brotherhood.......has some "unlikely" brothers and sisters......medical professionals(and i do stress the word professional)
    I have spoken to several doctors in this area in the past months and they are disgusted by the "strong arm" tactics of employers being repeated on employees in today's world......and are not afraid to vocalize that disgust.

I assume that the public employees view this assault as "a war"(as would I), a war against not only them, but on what they have earned, a war against their families, and a blatant attempt to divide the working class, while achieving the goal of breaking off the "leg" or unionism....public or private....because this will not STOP with the public employees.

I have heard it said....."all is fair in love and war".....so I see nothing wrong with them using any resource available to fight this atrosity.

As for the students.....I can think of no better lesson to teach those old enough to understand that this is "real life".....a life that will impact them in the future.......as the working man is continually trampled on by the ones that hold the power and wealth. This is "no trip to the mall", this is no picnic, this is no game........this warrants a cry to "fight the good fight"....old, young, woman, man, union and non........The only prerequisite is to "care about the middle class" in this country in 2011 and protect its existence for future years...from those who care nothing for it.
    Last edited by electriklady; 02-19-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Hopefully his Mom neutered him and his wife has him believing it is his......

Actually I think he is pimping and working his daughter!

You have made it clear from your many many posts that you not believe in unions in way shape or form and your hatred of organized labor shines brilliantly through your cloud of bull$hit.

As for your statement that only private sector should be union as the taxpayers pay the public sector employees......I assume you then believe that there is no corruption from those over the public sector employees......no one above these working people that abuse their power.......that is almost laughable to me....and bottom line........with your kind of thinking......my customers pay me.......for without customers my company would not be in existence.......you see sir......bottom line is the consumers make all our jobs and benefits possible......you act like this is a unique situation....These men and women work and earn their money....so as a taxpayer in PA whose taxes go to pay for the public sector employees......I dont have a problem with it at all........I'd rather my taxes pay them than politicians who work to screw the middle class.

So we will see who the middle class sides with...........working people or a$$hole politicians. Their benefits are better than mine and I dont care, I will not turn my back on union brothers and sisters..........that is called "brotherhood"......and I live it.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post

Really hope to meet ya some day drifter.

Bring it on big boy, the drive is yours. I am in western Arizona on US Bureau of Land Management property, when you get west of Phoenix I'll post the GPS coordinates that is the only why you will find me and you better have a 4x4.
    Last edited by Highplains Drifter; 02-19-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Naw...I won't drive up to kick the shit out of ya. I won't talk about your family, or your children either.

I'll leave bein a Low life democRAT mother Fu$ker...to a slimebag democrat Union piece of shit like you, to stoop that low.

"Still hope to "Meet" ya someday....boy....

Will as homely as you are I hope your daughter looks like your wife.

Featured Sponsorr

Gee you think all the anti union sentiment will cost the GOP votes come election time? All the Union workers who are Obama haters out there in government jobs are finnally seeing the guns trained on them. I see it in the IBEW. Its amazing how many union paying members are staunch republicansAll those workers who negotiated their retirement and medical benifits in lew of pay raises every contract, even though wadges were better in the private sector are now realizing it all could be gone tommorow. God forbid we cut military spending and forign aid. Tax breaks for corporation outsourcing. No wonder tax revenue dried up! With so many unemployed there's not enough of us paying payroll taxes. Too bad most working stiffs are busy watching dancing with the stars and american idol to give a $hit.