1. Default first energy accidents

Featured Sponsor

i just heard fe might of had another worker burnt in a substation

2. Default

Just heard he passed away today

Apparently he went to work in the substation, applied grounds, etc - then went to work in the wrong bay. Climbed on top of the OCB and began removing the tap.

2nd degree burns over 80% of his body

That's just what I heard...

My prayers go out to him and his family
    IBEW Local 777

Thumbs down No

That is 2 lineman & 1 foreman since March 2008.

Who was it. I feel horrible.

Keep pushing them beyond their limits. I know it is no excuse for safety but the stress and constant nit picking by FE is not helping anyone.

Tony will show up with his false sence of remorse.

My thoughts are with his family.

Default house of mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Avid View Post
    Apparently he went to work in the substation, applied grounds, etc - then went to work in the wrong bay. Climbed on top of the OCB and began removing the tap.
    That's just what I heard...
    Please let us know when this can be confirmed. It's easy to get mixed up and go into the wrong bay of of substation, Some of the larger stations are like a house of mirrors. all feeder bays look identical and can happen, has to me .

Lizzy- can you fill in a gap for me. what does this mean?
    "I know it is no excuse for safety but the stress and constant nit picking by FE is not helping anyone" What does FE stand for ...........

My prayers go out to him and his family I hope he wasn't working alone. If there was a crew that was with him I also pray for you, The mistakes we make are not as bad as the mistakes we allow our brothers to make.

Almighty God, creator of the earth, wind, and rain,
    protect us as we journey through the morning mist, the noontime sun, and the evening shadows.

Help us to always remember that the most powerful energy can light the sky
    and run across wires that only time and experience can guide us to touch.

Teach us to trust in Your divine intervention
    but prepare us for unnatural clashes that neither God nor man can control.

Lead us into the darkest storm
    and deliver us to serve those who depend on our skills.

Thank you, O God, for every blessing
    and may You give us strength to reach for the stars.

Last edited by CPOPE; 08-18-2009 at 05:13 AM.

Default Tim Utzat

Found this in the Burlington County Times... I had Tim's dad, Rich "Zippy" Utzat as an instructor in the Phillipsburg, NJ line school. My thoughts are with you and your family, Zip

NORTH HANOVER - A Jersey Central Power & Light employee who was badly burned last week in an explosion at a utility substation has died, officials said.

Timothy Utzat, 38, of Toms River, Ocean County, died Sunday night at the burn center at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia.

Utzat had been undergoing treatment for severe burns he sustained to more than 80 percent of his body during an electrical explosion Aug. 10 at the substation on Cookstown-New Egypt Road.

Utzat and his wife, Mary Jane, were active members of Families of SMA, an international advocacy and support group for families with children or loved ones suffering from spinal muscular atrophy.

The Utzats created a care-package program for the organization in 2007 after their daughter, Samantha Jane, died of the degenerative disease two days before her first birthday. The care packages include light toys ideal for children with spinal muscular atrophy.

Mary Jane Utzat is pregnant and expected to deliver a baby girl this month, according to a statement provided by Families of SMA.

Police have said that Utzat was among a group of employees performing routine maintenance at the substation and that the explosion appeared to have occurred when he tried to work on a live circuit breaker.

No other workers at the substation were injured in the incident. The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating, police said.

The Aug. 10 explosion caused about 19,000 customers in North Hanover, New Hanover, Springfield, Pemberton Township and Plumsted, Ocean County, to lose power for more than an hour.

Donations to the Utzat family can be made through the Families of SMA Web site, www.fsma.org.

Default Fe

First Energy is the employer. Working for them is like being in an abussive relationship. They criticize your every move, belittle you on a daily basis, work load is insane because they are too cheap to staff properly. It is hard to explain but even though you have a tough skin they manage to eat away at it. They tell you point blank your family means nothing that when you signed the dotted line you belong to FE. I was commuting almost two hours one way to work on terrible interstates where fatalities closed the highway on a routine basis. Medvac always landing in the highway and sat for hours. If you were two minutes late you were in a meeting for hours being flogged. Ice and snow forget it. I actually gave myself an ulcer and now realize how stupid it was. Daycare did not open until 5:30AM so I had to drive like an insane nut. They told me to leave her outside. When you take pride in yourself and your work and someone is always there to slap you in the face it hurts.

My friend told the dispatcher that he was tired from working excessive storm hours. He was "advised" to take one more call. That was his last and he was electrocuted. Could of, would have or should have wont fix broken hearts.

Default tim

want to post, and clear up the situation, not only tims name, but so you all know who you are working for, but can't. some day, hopefully. in the meantime, good luck with your employer.

8. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by creecher874 View Post
    The Aug. 10 explosion caused about 19,000 customers in North Hanover, New Hanover, Springfield, Pemberton Township and Plumsted, Ocean County, to lose power for more than an hour.
    I get SO SICK of reading shit like this when a man dies. Who gives a flying fu(k if they didnt have their power for more than an hour? They always add this b.s. to the end of the story like it was an inconvience to them! So the hell what!