Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Buckingham Manufacturing View Post
    “Buckingham is saddened to learn of the recent death of a Georgia Power lineman. Our thoughts and prayers are with the lineman’s family and colleagues. The BuckSqueeze was not used by the lineman in this particular case; however, we believe that it is important to learn as much as we can about such tragic incidents. As the Nation’s leader in fall protection devices, Buckingham is committed to a continuous process of product improvement which lessens the risk to linemen and all our other valued customers.”
    Thanks Buckingham for creating a complete pile of $hit!!!Called the Bucksqueeze and nice sales pitch about how you care about are safety come on we all know it all about $$$$ the more you sell the more you make...thanks for help take away some of the skill it takes to do are trade.
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

Quote Originally Posted by west coast hand View Post
    Thanks Buckingham for creating a complete pile of $hit!!!Called the Bucksqueeze and nice sales pitch about how you care about are safety come on we all know it all about $$$$ the more you sell the more you make...thanks for help take away some of the skill it takes to do are trade.
    Is this another post "Not worthy of the electricity to view?"

3. Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Meat1 View Post
    We lost a lineman today after a fall from a transmission structure. I don't have any details yet but I will try and post some when I get them. He was 21 years old. Say a prayer for his family. Please be safe out there
    poletop13 sorry fore lose of borther
    keeping family in our prayers

Default sorry

so very sorry to hear of yet another loss in this industry. My best to his family. I too have lost someone to this job, and it is devastating. My best to all of you.

Boomer,
    Can you tell me what the three types are? ComEd is going BuckSqueeze. It works but that's a lot of metal. And, I hate to ask but if I don't I'll never know.....what is the 'birdwire" you climb over?

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
    Boomer,
    Can you tell me what the three types are? ComEd is going BuckSqueeze. It works but that's a lot of metal. And, I hate to ask but if I don't I'll never know.....what is the 'birdwire" you climb over?
    Birdwire is a wire mesh that you wrap around the pole to prevent woodpeckers from using the pole for their "highrise apartments." Have also seen a plastic version but normally wire is used. The pole fall arrest systems that I have seen are the Stopfall by Miller, the Pole Choker by Jelco, the Pole Master by Klein, the Pole Lariat by Bashlin and of course the Bucksqueeze by Buckingham. In my neck of the woods the Jelco Pole Choker seems to be the favorite but the Bucksqueeze is the most prevalent..
    " When character is lost, all is lost "

The wire I have installed and climbed on is 23Ga 1/4in Welded Hardware Cloth. They would give us friction tape to tape on our safety, other wise this hardware cloth would cut and tare your safety so bad that you would completely ruin it in a couple of weeks. I wonder what they are using to protect the buck squeeze?

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    The wire I have installed and climbed on is 23Ga 1/4in Welded Hardware Cloth. They would give us friction tape to tape on our safety, other wise this hardware cloth would cut and tare your safety so bad that you would completely ruin it in a couple of weeks. I wonder what they are using to protect the buck squeeze?
    Trojan sent me a PM....that's where I answered him. I didn't see this one.

The company supplies bucksqueeze, cynchlock, and Miller StopFall (modified by adding leather gaff pullers and smaller friction pads).

Local 160's contract (outside MN local) states that skids shall be replaced when required to be used on bird wrap. I am not sure how that will fare with the added expense of fall arrest systems. I think just the skid portions of most fall arrest systems are replaceable? (That would be an interesting question to pose to those of you who still use birdwire.....Alliant sold all of their transmission assets to ITC two years ago and we no longer have that issue.)

All the birdwire I've seen around here is 23ga, but it is 1/2" square mesh.....I haven't seen 1/4" used, but I'm sure it is somewhere.
    Last edited by Boomer gone soft; 05-01-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    All falls are preventable.....