Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Official PG&E Results (Pre-Apprentice)

Featured Sponsor

I figured it wouldnt be a bad idea to start a place where official information can be given. There are already a couple spots here that have this information but it would be easier if there was a dedicated spot for official Pre-Apprentice news.

If you've been given any post-interview info (letters, email, phone calls), go ahead and post it here so others have an idea what to expect in the coming weeks/months.

If you've already posted info in other threads you dont need to repost it here if you dont want to. Any new info that I get from PG&E I will go ahead and put it here also.

Good luck to everyone thats applied. (If you are contacted with the "sorry letter" I encourage you to let others know. Its understandable if you dont wish to post that information but it would help others to know that people are being contacted. I will let you guys know if I get the sorry letter)
    Last edited by bamf123; 05-12-2011 at 09:03 PM.

2. Default

Took ALP and Interview on April 16th, 2011.

Received the below email from human resources on April 22nd, 2011 at 5:07PM

Hello,

I wanted to touch base with you about your application for the Pre-Apprentice Lineman position. I truly appreciate your patience in this long process. We are currently assessing headcount and training class size, but we should have additional information to you as soon as possible.

I do want you to know that everything has been positive for your candidacy so far in the process.

We will reach out to you once we have more information.

Thank you!
    Have not heard anything since. When I log into the returning candidates page at https://pge.peoplescout.com/jobs/LoginAction.action it says the position that I applied for is still "UNDER REVIEW"

If you applied for a position and no longer see it click the "ARCHIVED" tab to see the position marked as "Status: Not Most Competitive - Please review other openings"

Hope this helps.

I have not received any email. But when logging in to the returning candidates page it shows me this:

Position: Pre-Apprentice Lineman, Maintenance and Construction Electric
    Req. Id: (has Id #)

4. Default

Took PBT & IST 2-11-2011. ALP & Interview 4-16-2011. So far, no emails, letters, or phone calls from PG&E since the ALP. When I login, my status shows as "Under Review". I don't put much weight on the status. The website shows "Under Review" for another position that they already filled.
    Last edited by J-Dog; 05-14-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Called the recruiter hotline today. They didn't give me any info. They typed my name and number into the system and said that I'm "moving right along" so I don't know. She asked if I got a email and I said no. She said good. I said "So if I don't get an email its a good thing?" and her answer really didn't mean much other than if I get an email with a definite decision then its probably a bad thing.

But on the other hand, her information didn't even state whether or not I participated in an interview! UGH
    Last edited by bamf123; 05-14-2011 at 11:28 PM.

6. Exclamation

Called the Human Resources today 5/16/2011.

All decisions regarding the Pre-Apprentice Lineman open positions will be made by end of business on 5/17/2011.

Good to know the wait is actually coming to an end!

8. Default

Unfortunately I did not make the cut since I apparently only applied for one position in my area. Will not make that mistake again.

Dear #####:

Thank you for submitting a resume in response to our Pre-Apprentice Lineman - GC opening. We appreciate your interest and are pleased that you regard Pacific Gas and Electric Company as an employer that offers a promising future.

Unfortunately, due to the limited number of openings and the limited number of locations you applied for, we were unable to move forward with you at this time. We hope you will re-apply. More positions will be posted as of Wednesday, May 18.

Best regards,

Talent Acquisition
    Pacific Gas and Electric Company

What?????????????????

Wow, sorry to hear that dude!

I only applied to one area also so dont feel bad. I will let you know when i hear something.

Featured Sponsorr

Still no word on my end.