Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

Meat1, I agree, but even if you are working and dead ending 1/0 T-2, you do not pull each separate wire by it’s self. You put an evener on both wires and pull both to sag at the same time.

2. Default T2

I haven't done alot of transmission work but I don't think I've ever heard or seen t2 wire before from the pictures y'all posted it looks pretty damn big and heavy. Does t2 have a diameter size to compare it with like 795 or 636 or anything? The biggest wire I usually work on is 795 distribution. I think the heaviest wire I've ever seen is 4/0 solid hard drawn copper in savannah ga. It's on a backyard right of way with absolutely no way to get a truck to it! It looks like ground rods. No fun at all

Default Good Question

Quote Originally Posted by Meat1 View Post
    I haven't done alot of transmission work but I don't think I've ever heard or seen t2 wire before from the pictures y'all posted it looks pretty damn big and heavy. Does t2 have a diameter size to compare it with like 795 or 636 or anything? The biggest wire I usually work on is 795 distribution. I think the heaviest wire I've ever seen is 4/0 solid hard drawn copper in savannah ga. It's on a backyard right of way with absolutely no way to get a truck to it! It looks like ground rods. No fun at all

T2 conductor consists of two standard stranded conductors twisted about one another with a twist length of approximately 9 feet. Because of its aerodynamic and mechanical properties, the conductor is resistant to both galloping and Aeolian vibration. I have never tried to figure the diameter of T-2, but always used the pulling socks provided. I also know that on the smaller T-2 one can use a preformed top or spool tie. That is a good question Meat1, I might have to research some this weekend.

Looks like to me your web will never be in a straight line as a normal 2 hoist transfer. Judging from the pics the web strap is out of alignment with hoist causing the web to ride hard on one side and possibly twist also.Nothing beats straight-line rigging, I realize you can turn your hoist sideways but it still will be out of align compared to straight-line,side load if you will but to a lesser degree.Can you blow-up pictures a little more where I can see closer?
    Last edited by OLE' SORE KNEES; 06-05-2011 at 09:42 AM.

5. Default

As many of you have previously said, this hoist would not be the best solution for dead-ending large T2 wire specifically in your high line situations – I agree. But it’s best use would be in distribution work in transferring horizontal and vertical dead end phases.

I have used it on de-energized 4/0 wire where I have made a 10 foot horizontal transfer with no binding of the straps. And also on an 8 foot vertical transfer with no binding as well.

With just 3 post's, sorry but I am still waiting on pics as I have never used this before,preferably as what you mentioned on transfers.Bind will show or not.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Meat1 View Post
    Does t2 have a diameter size to compare it with like 795 or 636 or anything?
    Not too sure there is an actual diameter size to judge T2 in T2 form. But, to get a better understanding on your part, take two runs of 795 and twist them together like duplex. Since it makes such an odd shape, it's difficult to determine a diameter size. I've put alot of T2 in the air, from 1/0 to 1113 and it's really not all that bad if you have the proper rigging. I will tell you this tho, I would not use this hoist on any size T2.