Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Default What to wear for interview?

Featured Sponsor

Okay, so I got an interview with CalNev JATC in a month. What do I wear, suit or boots ready to work? I've heard both, what do you guys think?

2. Default

Personally I would not wear a suit, or work clothes either. Settle for middle ground, a golf shirt(or casual button up shirt-no T shirt) a pair of Dockers type pants and a pair of leather shoes all in good repair and clean. Make sure you have a shave and look reasonably well turned out. My two cents, I have not hired people before because they looked like they just got out of bed and not even bothered to brush their teeth, pulled on yesterday's dirty jeans and came in for the interview.

Wear a suit! A suit says your serious.

Quote Originally Posted by a78jumper View Post
    Personally I would not wear a suit, or work clothes either. Settle for middle ground, a golf shirt(or casual button up shirt-no T shirt) a pair of Dockers type pants and a pair of leather shoes all in good repair and clean. Make sure you have a shave and look reasonably well turned out. My two cents, I have not hired people before because they looked like they just got out of bed and not even bothered to brush their teeth, pulled on yesterday's dirty jeans and came in for the interview.
    What he said 100%

5. Default

hey lineman newbie when did you apply? what date did they recieve ur app.? I applied this cycle and they got my app. may 9th. I talked to sandy and she said it might be another 2-3 months till I recieve a letter just stating that my appl. been accepted, and then another 8-12 months for an interview!!!all in all good luck on ur interview and tell me how it went?

6. Default

I'd go with a dress shirt, tie, slacks, and dress shoes. Look sharp

I thought it was funny when I went into the building after completing the ALP and was getting setup for my interview and I was told by the lady leading me around "If you want to use the restroom or change your clothes you can do that now". While they have a really nice facility I dont think a shower was an option. It was hella hot and I was slightly sun burnt and pretty dang sweaty and didnt exactly think to bring a change of clothes to swap out in the vehicle.

I wonder how many signatures the Local union is getting out of everyone that tests? lol

9. Default

I was taught to dress clean, but ready to work brush the dirt off your boots and wear clean clothes!! this aint a ceo position!

Featured Sponsorr

Maybe it's because it's the south and the kind of atmosphere, but normally a collared shirt tucked in, khaki pants or even dark clean jeans, nice boots or casual, seems to work. The Boss even wore that to board rooms when bidding on contract jobs when he was the super for a contractor.

The main thing is be clean and neat. Anxious and excited. Or at least interested.