Default Going in for CAST testing

Featured Sponsor

Well, I'll be heading in for the CAST exam tomorrow morning... I'm pretty excited and feel I'll do well. I've been studying for about two weeks and have a good handle on all the subject matter. I'm just excited and felt the need to share!

Jeff

Good luck!!

3. Default cast test

How did the test go? I'm taking mine tomorrow. Was the math alright?

The test wasn't too bad... three of the sections were fairly easy. Graphic arithmetic, reading and mechanical concepts. The conversions part was the only difficult part, and not that the conversions themselves were difficult but the time limit itself. I'm not sure how anyone can finish that part of the test. I think I only finished about half of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbi View Post
    The test wasn't too bad... three of the sections were fairly easy. Graphic arithmetic, reading and mechanical concepts. The conversions part was the only difficult part, and not that the conversions themselves were difficult but the time limit itself. I'm not sure how anyone can finish that part of the test. I think I only finished about half of them.
    Was this for Edison groundman A3? When did you apply? And good job by the way! Hope it works out for you...

This was for Southern Company. I just found out today that I passed the test.... now just have to do the physical abilities test.

Thanks for the good luck wishes!

Jeff
    YEA GOOD LUCK MAN!
    but i think edisons only hiring internally they have tons of meter readers to fill those groundman spots...i passed the cast test about 4 months ago and they declined or cancelled all the positions i applied for, then i hear from an insider that hey have been hiring all there meter readers for the positions..lets just say i was pissed and have now moved on =]

Thumbs up

Well an update....

I passed the physical abilities test, got an interview and was offered a position in substation construction and maintenance! I should be starting in two weeks. This whole process has been surreal as I've been trying to break into this industry for five years. Looking forward to learning as much as I can!

Congratulation on your new career!! And good luck!!

Featured Sponsorr

Well an update....

I passed the physical abilities test, got an interview and was offered a position in substation construction and maintenance! I should be starting in two weeks. This whole process has been surreal as I've been trying to break into this industry for five years. Looking forward to learning as much as I can!
    Hey bro fill us in on when you applied, took the cas test, got an interview, how long the process took from start to finish? Im sure the info will be of great help to us all, thanks!