Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default union ,the guys that will sell you out

Featured Sponsor

im half way embarresed,the guys i trusted, are jokers, bought by the big companies, how the hell can these so called men represent a good lineman ,when ,look at them ,fat asses and all cause they sit on their asses all day do me any good, what a god damn shame, when i was sick and need a little help , they ran like the men they are ,chickenshits

Ummmmmmmm kinda sketchy ........... Care to expound on that a lil bit.....If you wernt properly represented you have legal recourse.

Blog Entries

Lets hear some more.....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Who do you work for? I'm gonna guess Centerpoint. Did you get sick and they kicked you to the curb?

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    im half way embarresed,the guys i trusted, are jokers, bought by the big companies, how the hell can these so called men represent a good lineman ,when ,look at them ,fat asses and all cause they sit on their asses all day do me any good, what a god damn shame, when i was sick and need a little help , they ran like the men they are ,chickenshits
    Being a good union member means helping brothers and sisters that need assistance. Sounds like you been wronged, but of course don't know all the details.
    " When character is lost, all is lost "

Blog Entries

Like I said, lets hear the story.......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

He was quick to "bash" the union.....but not so quick as to explain his "distaste......hmmmmmm?
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by electriklady View Post
    He was quick to "bash" the union.....but not so quick as to explain his "distaste......hmmmmmm?
    exactly!!!!!!

Default somebody call the waaaambulance

As a shop steward, I find that most guys who claim the union is "selling them out" or "not getting their back", are usually mis-informed about the contract and the union's function.
    They feel that if they think something is unfair to them , regardless of the contract, then the union is selling them out. Many members do not understand the basics of labor relations. They seldom attend union meetings where points are discussed. Even after the reality of a situation is presented, they insist that they are in the right, and the union is at fault for not representing them properly.
    Often the same guys are the least safe, least productive members, go figure.... It gets tiring after a while, especially because the same guys bring down the morale of an entire yard, EVEN after their case has been fully reviewed, and the facts presented to them.
    Lineman by trade, union by choice. Surfer for life!

Featured Sponsorr

Very nice post SL.......what a good union member realizes is that he is "the union"......and also that the union is not there to "protect you" if you are not doing right.......We follow the contract.......we do our jobs.........we are "responsible members of the union" just as we are "responsible citizens of this country." The union is NOT there to be a member's personal "get out of jail free" card if you do not follow the rules that have been negotiated by the union and the company......you follow the contract......that is in writing......you do your job.......you KNOW your contract........and you stay active in your union......and the union will be "your union" and you will be part of something bigger than oneself, something strong and righteous.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln