Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My Office Today

Default You're right HD. Moving the phase with the jib.

Featured Sponsor

However that hand in the bucket is right against the fibers looks to me like. Wouldn't be allowed where I been.

Quote Originally Posted by wtdoor67 View Post
    However that hand in the bucket is right against the fibers looks to me like. Wouldn't be allowed where I been.

I was referring to your statement of needing a link on the winch. So did you like a short or long hot ratchet? I prefer short.

It looks like to me that all 3 phases are already clipped in, I'm not real sure that the line truck is hooked to anything in that second photo, all speculation, Hotwire tamer will probably fill us in.

Default Short one I guess.

It's hard to tell distances from a photo. That guy could be well below the fibers.

Didn't use a ratchet much, always used that Chance stick. You know the one with the fitting on the end for a socket. Jeez can't think of the name now.

It's hard to tell distances from a photo. That guy could be well below the fibers.

Didn't use a ratchet much, always used that Chance stick. You know the one with the fitting on the end for a socket. Jeez can't think of the name now.

With that springy thingy too!

Damn!

Lots of posts since last night.
    I took the picture to close to the pole, so trust me the truck or the men are not touching the conductor or the pole. 69kv requires roughly 3' clearance. The winch is at the boom head, the jib is 10' long, and the boys are 4' above the line that was just landed in the saddle. There using a 6' wobble stick to tighten down the shoe. Thank goodness for rubber padded shoes! No rod!! That would suck rodding 927 hot!!
    Yes, the insulators are WAY over kill, but our sister company has 115kv and 138kv. They just buy one insulator. Better price in volume, I guess. Also we kill a lot of Red tail hawks and other birds, so it helps with that problem too. Trust me, I would rather use the lighter 69kv insulators if I had a choice!
    Yes, the cover is rated 46kv. That's as good as it gets, unless someone can tell me they make cover bigger. To my knowledge it don't exist, although I've been corrected many times before on this site!!
    And yes the poles are 70' H-4, Red cedars (good for 100 yrs.), and like I mentioned in the foaming post we are inseting between 70' steel structures that are 600 ft. apart. Trying to make room for some distribution. (Ground clearance).
    Last edited by hotwiretamer; 08-09-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: spell check

All angle cog.
    Thanks for the explanation hot wire, I can see how a picture would not show how close things are. Would you guys ever use the jib on the buckets for this type of job?

Quote Originally Posted by lewy View Post
    All angle cog.
    Thanks for the explanation hot wire, I can see how a picture would not show how close things are. Would you guys ever use the jib on the buckets for this type of job?
    The jibs on our buckets aren't long enough to give us our 3' minimum approach distance.
    So, an "All Angle Cog" is proper terminology for a "Wobble Stick"?
    Last edited by hotwiretamer; 08-09-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Another question

Default Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by lewy View Post
    All angle cog.
    Yeah, a cog stick, that's the ticket. Mercy!

Default More of the same....

Featured Sponsorr

I stepped back some today and took this picture of our work, maybe showing a little better the clearances we have.

Attachment 3618