Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: My Office Today

Default Really easy picture resizer

Featured Sponsor

Simple and easy to use. Doesnt take up a whole lot of space either.

http://www.picturetray.com/

Use it all the time.

HP

this was my office today....doing bucket and self rescue with "the men".....and yes, that is me(the dot) in the bucket truck.....first time

Notice where my hardhat ended up after lifted up by the bucket.....It was not a pretty landing....I am not sure I wanna share that with you all just yet......I was already informed that it would not leave our group(yeah right, I will be gettin some serious a$$ bustin tomorrow).......instructor was furious with the harness and laniard I had to use.......got some more of the guys but I am damn slow at resizing pics!!!!
    Last edited by electriklady; 09-07-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

and my wrongly sized harness......damn that was fun
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Today we installed a 90' steel pole, to replace an 80' steel pole. Don't ask me why, all we are doing is changing the 3/8 static to OPGW.

Attachment 3589

Attachment 3590
    Last edited by hotwiretamer; 07-27-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Default Some........

Great pictures.

EL, did you take it over center, then did they pull you out of the bucket?

Was it a smooth or bumpy ride?

So what do you think? Did you like the view?

How about the rescue dummy, alot of dead weight to move?

Default Change out........

I see the transmission is grounded, was the distribution still energized, just curious I see some guts on some phases.

Do you use dish soap, or anything to help slide it together?

Is that the only structure you had to change?

Quote Originally Posted by johnbellamy View Post
    Great pictures.

EL, did you take it over center, then did they pull you out of the bucket?

Was it a smooth or bumpy ride?

So what do you think? Did you like the view?

How about the rescue dummy, alot of dead weight to move?

One of the guys worked the controls from the truck as today was the first time I have ever touched anything except the outrigger controls....I learned it is better to have a "light" touch when moving the bucket....my first attempt moving the dummy in the bucket was very "jerky"...I soon adopted the lighter touch and it was very smooth. I LOVED the view and I felt very comfortable up there......it was sooooo cool. How many feet do those trucks go up, I didnt even asked. The guy that took me up was very good at it, it was very smooth, I have to admit the landing was pretty abrupt.

The biggest problem I had with lifting the "dummy" to the bucket and out again was that the rope slid through my gloves.....I am assuming I did not have a tight enough grip or not the right angle of grip on the rope......

I decided this guy was the "bucksqeeze" king.....He seemed to climb with it so easily. Probably learned to climb with it in school........not like the "older guys"(not meant as an insult to the older guys, I just think if you learn to climb with it, it probably is second nature).....the thing looked like a pain in the butt to me......He did a great job with it though.......
    Abraham Lincoln

Default I think........

A bucket like that, probably 60' of stick, you would have to ask the guys there, they can tell you.

I have never used a "bucksqueeze", but by your picture there he looks like he is cheatin a bit, you will have to ask him.

Controls can be pretty jerky, especially when you are maxed with your hydraulics, and some buckets buck more than others, sounds like he gave you a smooth ride, he must not have wanted to spook you.

I am glad you got a chance to experience the rescue training, and you can say now, ya, when I was in the bucket story's, been there done that.

Maybe sometime if you already haven't, they can let you strap on a set of hooks, and mess around low on a pole.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbellamy View Post
    I see the transmission is grounded, was the distribution still energized, just curious I see some guts on some phases.

Do you use dish soap, or anything to help slide it together?

Is that the only structure you had to change?
    One phase on the distribution was still hot.
    No soap, just slipped it in dry.
    Just the one structure for now.

Default Thanks......

Featured Sponsorr

Great pictures.