Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: My Office Today

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    I crossed I-40 twice 7 miles west of Gallup, New Mexico once in 1974 and again in 1981, One of the busiest railroad tracks in the United States. Just where are you crossing I-40?
    Just south of Kingman, Arizona

Default 33KV insul. changeout- Kingdom of Jordan

Here's my Shabab doing some 33kv work in the Middle East
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lineman by trade, union by choice. Surfer for life!

Default Thats a.........

Good picture, I am suprised you have the equipment and cover workin over there. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by surfinlineman View Post
    Here's my Shabab doing some 33kv work in the Middle East
    Nice pic, SL!!

No pics today.......but ran into a lady I haven't seen in a several years(since I quit reading meters)......she is 87 years old.....she saw me over to her rental property turning the electric off and came over to chat.......(just like old times)....She was tellin me all about her fruit trees(Cortland and McIntosh apples, and her pear trees....)....her grapevines and her garden. She told me to be sure to stop when I go by the end of August and she would load me up with PA peaches.....yum....love fresh peaches.........she says she has too many to can...so she wants to give me some........then she asked me if I liked cukes....I said, "sure, I love most all veggies.".....so she took me in the house and handed me a whole bag of cukes.....and she had made some homemade pickles.....they were delicious.....so she gave me her recipe....so I am gonna make some homemade pickles the end of the week. I am sure it will be fun.....Next stop I mean a Queens NY transplant, and he talked and talked and talked, I thought he was gonna talk my ear off.....he was a bit different but nice enough(actually I think he was hitting on me)......oh well.....nice enough guy.......next stop was a "foreign load" order so I had to interact with the property manager and the renter.....adorable little girl who wanted to show me all of her toys......one of those days with a lot of customer interaction......and I have to say.....I like those days on occasion.....the day seemed to fly by.......a good Monday in my office.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Default over there

Good picture, I am suprised you have the equipment and cover workin over there.
    I teach them to cover like their lives depended on it, oh wait, THEY DO!!! Yeah, everything is grounded over there and it's all 33KV.

The tools are all AB Chance, the rubber is all Salisbury.

Very basic stuff, mostly insulator changeouts and energizing/sectionalizing tap lines and new apparatus. But it really is very cost effective for their companies.

I've been training there since 2007, zero incidents (knock on wood), so far!!!

Some of the Palestinian crews I trained are now doing hot work for the Israelis, PEACE THROUGH PRACTICALITY!!
    Lineman by trade, union by choice. Surfer for life!

Default A good Friday

Clipping line today................

Name:  clipping line 001.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  58.4 KB

Lunch time in the desert................

Name:  clipping line 002.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  89.0 KB

what was for lunch? It smelled great , what ever it was!

Quote Originally Posted by topgroove View Post
    what was for lunch? It smelled great , what ever it was!
    Just good ole' hamburgers and hotdogs! The wind was blowing like crazy that day, so we put the grill in back of the truck. God forbid the crew goes hungry!!

Featured Sponsorr

Started working on our 69kv insets today...................

Name:  69kv inset 001.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  43.1 KB

Name:  69kv inset 002.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  37.5 KB