Thread: Oppppppps

Threaded View

Default Oppppppps

A couple of weeks ago I had an order to exchange a 3-phase transformer rated meter, old installation.........meter box retro-fitted with a socket adaptor......meter was showing a fatal error.........had to order meter......as it was a special meter for this type of business......Got nosing around the CT cabinet(which was really not a CT cabinet, just a connection box).....in a basement......needed a ladder to open the cabinet(a real beauty of a setup).......anyways found we had the wrong constant on the meter as the CTs were recorded at 1200:5....when I opened the cabinet found the CTs were 600:5.....anyway supervisor told me today my "catch" made the business that was wrongly metered over $100,000 richer......overbilled! Taught me to always check the CT ratios vs the ratios we have on record.....always do on new installs....seems like maybe I will concentrate a bit more on the "oldie goldies".......kind of made my day!
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln