Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Debt Ceiling

Default Debt Ceiling

Featured Sponsor

I know that the U.S. government has a spending problem that needs to be addressed but this BS with the raising of the debt ceiling is nothing but partisan politics. Our republican hypocrites raised the ceiling 18 TIMES under Ronnie Ray-gun and allowed Dubya to damn near double the borrowing cap in his 2 terms. To cap it off the ultimate hypocrite Eric C#$ter voted for 4 raises under Dubya and 2 unfinanced wars.
    " When character is lost, all is lost "

Default hypocrites?

So what was President Obama when he voted against it as a Senator?
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Default March 2006, Senator Obama

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure,” he said. “It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Interesting. How dare he change his mind!

How you all keep up with this stuff is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    So what was President Obama when he voted against it as a Senator?

He was not president of a country teetering on the verge of economic collapse(not of his own making) that also would have devastating reprocussions on a VERRRRRRRRY shakey global economic situation at the same time. He was not president when sooooo many people were also teetering on the verge of personal economic collapse right here in this country.....lost their home, their jobs, and for some, have lost all hope.....I guess it would be easier to pretend that those things dont exist......but damn it.....THEY DO!
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    Interesting. How dare he change his mind!

How you all keep up with this stuff is beyond me.
    Actually it's so easy to look up stuff with the internet now. I'm just not sure how with the debt as bad as it is now compared to 2006 that it would be good to make it grow even more.

Quote Originally Posted by electriklady View Post
    He was not president of a country teetering on the verge of economic collapse(not of his own making) that also would have devastating reprocussions on a VERRRRRRRRY shakey global economic situation at the same time. He was not president when sooooo many people were also teetering on the verge of personal economic collapse right here in this country.....lost their home, their jobs, and for some, have lost all hope.....I guess it would be easier to pretend that those things dont exist......but damn it.....THEY DO!
    Damn right they do. And going deeper in debt will not improve life for anyone. According to a CNN poll last week, 65% of Americans think we need to stop this.
    At those numbers, it's not just the right-wing, tea party and independents, it's the majority of all Americans.

The debt ceiling should be abolished. If the men and women we send to congress can't manage debt in it's annual budgeting process, then they should put in controls that have "teeth" without playing dangerous games with our nations credit rating. If they are unwilling to get our financial house in order don't re-elect them.
    " When character is lost, all is lost "

Congress is like gremlins. I've yet to see one that replaces another with any new ideas to finding solutions. Nothing but selfish caotic disorder.

The thing about finding solutions, and I like the flat rate idea, is sticking with one and going forward. If we as citizens, raised our debt ceiling, we all know where we would be, in bankruptcy. No free passes.

Featured Sponsorr

They're all crooks.