Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by alpinestar22 View Post
    You'll be in san ramon your first week. All it is is a bunch of conference room and lodging. And yea he screwed up. You should make a call list your first day with room numbers. Remember its not a competition anymore. You are all brothers and want no one to fail.
    Sounds good brother...and i see. its all orientation the 1st week huh... not a problem. i sure hope they call me up within the next couple of weeks. And what exactly do you mean a call list.? like call other guys in your class 2 make sure theyre up n at em'?

2. Default

Yea just have everyone's cell and room number just in case.

Yea just have everyone's cell and room number just in case.
    yeah i got you. Thats what i would definitely do if i get my chance. man you must be stoked huh. i am truly happy 4 you bro and once again i hope they give me a chance as well. my buddy from line school starts aug 15. he applied about 2 months earlier than me. what else are you guys doing besides climbing.? how long have the days been so far.?

4. Default

Besides climbing we get into underground, tools and materials, basic electricity, defensive driving. It's similar to a line college but way more advanced.

Besides climbing we get into underground, tools and materials, basic electricity, defensive driving. It's similar to a line college but way more advanced.
    Thats awesome.! well good luck and good job bro! keep us updated on your progress and let us know how the class is going. Keep your eyes and ears open and ASK QUESTIONS!!! they say 2 keep your mouth shut but not when your confused or curious about something. they WANT guys that are eager 2 learn everything they can!!!

Default Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Powerline.Athlete818 View Post
    Damn That is a no brainer. i mean cmon this is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity and you show up late..???!! oh well. maybe it wasnt meant 4 tht guy to work 4 them.? i know damn well if i get the chance 2 shine ima TAKE IT. i only know 1 thing... and thats BRING IT!! haha and i heard that san ramon was nice too but i havent been there. do they have another training center there too.?? and i hope your right about it being in early september. i am more than eager to start already. ( AS ARE WE ALL )
    Just to clarify......

I got released on the 3rd day.
    why? becuase i was late.
    why was i late? the alarm clock that was in my room did not go off
    why did it not go off? im still baffled to this day

Also i think its quite extreme to release someone from a job for this. its not like i invested almost a grand, drove 6 hours to san ramon, and jumped through tons of hoops just to waste pge's time.
    I can completely understand if i had failed a test, or just couldnt do the work...but we were still in orientation for crying out loud....cmon????im late for uncontrollable circumstances that i could obviously fix that day(like buying my own alarm clock) its completely ridiculous. I didnt even get a chance to start the real training!!!
    Ive never been late to anything EVER. Ive served in the army for 5 years and never was late...Ive had jobs in the past and was never late so its just really weird this happened. Ive also spoken to a few people in high positions in certain corporations and they even disagreed and thought this was wrong...you would think they would of given me at least a warning. (end of rant)

Anyone who gets hired on congrats, BUT take my advice.....BUY your own alarm clock id hate to see this happen to another qualified candidate...

good luck to all

7. Default

I'm sorry to hear that. That is rather extreme. Thanks for the heads up tho and I would look into some sort of appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by noctis7777 View Post
    Just to clarify......

why? becuase i was late.

Also i think its quite extreme to release someone from a job for this. its not like i invested almost a grand, drove 6 hours to san ramon, and jumped through tons of hoops just to waste pge's time.
    I can completely understand if i had failed a test, or just couldnt do the work...but we were still in orientation for crying out loud....cmon????im late for uncontrollable circumstances that i could obviously fix that day(like buying my own alarm clock) its completely ridiculous. I didnt even get a chance to start the real training!!!
    Ive never been late to anything EVER. Ive served in the army for 5 years and never was late...Ive had jobs in the past and was never late so its just really weird this happened. Ive also spoken to a few people in high positions in certain corporations and they even disagreed and thought this was wrong...you would think they would of given me at least a warning. (end of rant)

Anyone who gets hired on congrats, BUT take my advice.....BUY your own alarm clock id hate to see this happen to another qualified candidate...

good luck to all
    Sorry to hear that....but this is a good learning leason for the rest of you.
    There are 1000's of people who are waiting in line for the oppertunity that you have. PG&E doesn't care what you did in the Military, or what other people in high positions have to say, all they see is what happened. You were late. I'll say this, being late will get you sent home on my crew and if it continues, you'll be fired. Someone in 1 of these threads mentioned to get everyones cell # and make sure they are up and ready to go, be your brothers keeper. I never have relied on a hotel alarm clock...always had a wake up call, the alarm clock, & my cell alarm clock. PG&E isn't going to screw around with being late......if I had a $ for everytime I heard that excuse, I'd be retired................Oh, I am.
    Sorry again.

Quote Originally Posted by noctis7777 View Post
    Just to clarify......

why? becuase i was late.

good luck to all
    Thanks for the Heads up bro. I feel you on that one! i mean they couldve gave you a warning...but at the same time , they DID mention theyre very strict on time and attendance. but back to your side. You were only 10 mins. late???!!! They could have just told you dont let it happen again... idk. im not trying to bust your Chops dude but when you say you should have bought your own alarm? Did you have your cell's alarm on too? or did you test the rooms alarm when you set it.? Im just stressed on the whole "being on time" deal. I mean it can happen to anyone at anytime. Best of luck to you in the future. Keep us updated with any actions you take. God Bless.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by barehander View Post
    Sorry to hear that....but this is a good learning leason for the rest of you.
    There are 1000's of people who are waiting in line for the oppertunity that you have. PG&E doesn't care what you did in the Military, or what other people in high positions have to say, all they see is what happened. You were late. I'll say this, being late will get you sent home on my crew and if it continues, you'll be fired. Someone in 1 of these threads mentioned to get everyones cell # and make sure they are up and ready to go, be your brothers keeper. I never have relied on a hotel alarm clock...always had a wake up call, the alarm clock, & my cell alarm clock. PG&E isn't going to screw around with being late......if I had a $ for everytime I heard that excuse, I'd be retired................Oh, I am.
    Sorry again.
    Yea its no ones fault but my own, but that is the honest truth, I suppose i could have lied and said i was in the wrong classroom Like one guy did on the first day..he was later than i was and he wasnt fired or disciplined....but honesty is part of my core values so i didnt, ive never slept through one alarm clock my entire life..im a light sleeper..i randomally woke up right before the class started and i never knew we could get a wake up call until the day of. So jokes on me.
    Either way everyone should learn a valuable lesson from this...and remember it can happen to anyone..apparently if your late one time during your one year probation or call out sick pge can and WILL terminate you according to them.
    As far as appeals, there is no such thing, they use a universal reason saying your unfit for the position and according to the guy who fired me, he said you can never work in the line department for pge EVER.

Job security=zero