Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Headed To Livermore!!! :)

So i Finally got the Call today by PG&E recruiting. They said i have been selected to participate in the ALP(Assessment for Lineworker Progression) physical and If all goes well i will be interviewing with some PG&E LiNEMAN!!! I am So thankful God has blessed me with this oppurtunity. i Am going to do my best and i know the results will be rewarding. I Have been climbing in sportiva's most of the time @ line school and have become adapted to them. I heard that PG&E does not allow you to test in sportiva's but my question is once you get started into the training program can you use them or do you have to wait till your a full blown apprentice.? thanks for any1 who can help with this.

2. Default

Congratulations! I just finished my first week of class and it has been great. We had a few guys that had sportivas and the are not allowed at all at PG&E. They all had to buy brand new lineman boots.

3. Default

Yea, sportiva's are for the kids!

Default Alpinestar

thanks bro i am looking foward to being fortunate enough to getting a chance to go to that school as well. How is it so far? What kind of training are you undergoing so far..How many guys are in the class and have any dropped out.? Do you know the next class starts... i know of july 25. and aug 15. but how about after that.? sorry 4 all the questions. i am just very interested. thanks and about the sportivas... the boots dont make the climber... I am comfortable in climbing with any boot out there. i own some hoffmans as well so i just gotta wipe the dust off em and im golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerline.Athlete818 View Post
    thanks bro i am looking foward to being fortunate enough to getting a chance to go to that school as well. How is it so far? What kind of training are you undergoing so far..How many guys are in the class and have any dropped out.? Do you know the next class starts... i know of july 25. and aug 15. but how about after that.? sorry 4 all the questions. i am just very interested. thanks and about the sportivas... the boots dont make the climber... I am comfortable in climbing with any boot out there. i own some hoffmans as well so i just gotta wipe the dust off em and im golden.
    You young-uns are killing me........sportivas...I had to look them up to see what they were. I will say this up front, the boots do make a climber. If you are hired, you will end up in General Construction. If you think that you can stand on a pole for 12hrs in those shoes.........all I can say is that you are tougher than me. Get yourself some good lineboots and get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by barehander View Post
    You young-uns are killing me........sportivas...I had to look them up to see what they were. I will say this up front, the boots do make a climber. If you are hired, you will end up in General Construction. If you think that you can stand on a pole for 12hrs in those shoes.........all I can say is that you are tougher than me. Get yourself some good lineboots and get on with it.
    You Old-Timers and your PRIDE!! Haha if i may say. EVERY1 has their own opinions... and you knoww what they say about opinions. theyre like a**holes, every1 has 1. But anywhoooo. i own a pair of GOOD lineman boots but i like to work smarter not harder. and in my OPINION sportivas are more comfortable. but since theyre not a RECOGNIZED lineman boot i guess thats why PG&E doesnt allow them... if you dont mind taking a look at these othere boots that are RECOGNIZED lineman boots and theyre almost exactly like sportivas tell me what you think...heres the link

http://www.hoffmanboots.com/ProductI...roductid=LMEIN

Quote Originally Posted by barehander View Post
    It's funny Barehander, we hired a guy from So. Cal. and he had those damn ice boots. We all asked him about it and thought the same. "Wait till he is on a pole for a day". Then a couple of the other lineman, and apprentices bought and tried them. They all swear they are more comfortable than Wesco's, etc. I won't try them just because!............I most be old school

8. Default

Second week done and so far so good. I mean you only climb for about 5 days in this 7 week program. I suggest a really good boot cause the climbing gear "they" supply is very uncomfortable. Your probably taking the alp tomorrow cause they were getting ready for it today. If you get by the alp, remember the "star" method. Situation, task, action, result. That and a good attitude will help tremendously on your interview. If your hired study, study, study. This ain't no line college, This is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerline.Athlete818 View Post
    So i Finally got the Call today by PG&E recruiting. They said i have been selected to participate in the ALP(Assessment for Lineworker Progression) physical and If all goes well i will be interviewing with some PG&E LiNEMAN!!! I am So thankful God has blessed me with this oppurtunity. i Am going to do my best and i know the results will be rewarding. I Have been climbing in sportiva's most of the time @ line school and have become adapted to them. I heard that PG&E does not allow you to test in sportiva's but my question is once you get started into the training program can you use them or do you have to wait till your a full blown apprentice.? thanks for any1 who can help with this.
    Congrats on your employment! Good luck to you!
    We have about a half a dozen guys wearing Sportiva's now. They swear by them. Of course two of them had worked for SCE in the past, and introduced the boot to the guys at my shop.
    Question:
    Why don't they let the Apes use them?

Default Hotwiretamer

Thanks Bro. i am very excited to be givin this oppurtunity and plan on making the best out of it. AS for the sportivas i dnt have a clue why they wouldnt allow them at all.. Are u currently working 4 PG&E.? where about.. how long have u been with them if so.?