Thread: New line boots?

1. Default New line boots?

Featured Sponsor

Need to get some new line boots wanna spend under 200$ anybody know of some good comfortable line boots for around that price? I had sportivas and constantly had people talking sh!t(mostly old school lineman) about em and they were 250 and not all that comfortable so i got some carhartt EH steel toe boots and they were great but no steel shank so they killed my feet if i was on a pole longer than 20 minutes. Also i dont wear the knee high line boots just 8 or 9 inch would do. Ive already been told to sack up and buy real line boots by a couple journeyman i work with and I just dont have 365$ for some wesco boots so any advice on a decently priced steel toe line boot with a steel shank thats not unbearably uncomfortable would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by apprenticelineman View Post
    Need to get some new line boots wanna spend under 200$ anybody know of some good comfortable line boots for around that price? I had sportivas and constantly had people talking sh!t(mostly old school lineman) about em and they were 250 and not all that comfortable so i got some carhartt EH steel toe boots and they were great but no steel shank so they killed my feet if i was on a pole longer than 20 minutes. Also i dont wear the knee high line boots just 8 or 9 inch would do. Ive already been told to sack up and buy real line boots by a couple journeyman i work with and I just dont have 365$ for some wesco boots so any advice on a decently priced steel toe line boot with a steel shank thats not unbearably uncomfortable would be cool.

Heres some thats around that price.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2006031...Types&var=sbar

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lineman-Boots-Am...#ht_862wt_1150

http://www.hoffmanboots.com/ProductI...ductid=LNHIKER

What Size are you looking for.?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Powerline.Athlete818 View Post
    10 EE thanks for the links i heard hoffmans are good just exspensive!

10 EE thanks for the links i heard hoffmans are good just exspensive!

No problem buddy. Just remember. Your paying for QUALITY. The less you pay for a boot. the less life your going to get out of em'. Nobody likes spending $$$ on boots( UNLESS YOUR CAN AFFORD THEM ) Just an opinion tho

5. Default

No problem buddy. Just remember. Your paying for QUALITY. The less you pay for a boot. the less life your going to get out of em'. Nobody likes spending $$$ on boots( UNLESS YOUR CAN AFFORD THEM ) Just an opinion tho
    Yea i was thinking of just sacking up and spending the money i didnt know wesco will rebuild your boots so thats cool just dont know if i should go with hoffmans or wescos you ever where either of those? The only thing ive heard about hoffmans is there good boots just not water proof is there any water proofing oil u can buy that would help?

Yea i was thinking of just sacking up and spending the money i didnt know wesco will rebuild your boots so thats cool just dont know if i should go with hoffmans or wescos you ever where either of those? The only thing ive heard about hoffmans is there good boots just not water proof is there any water proofing oil u can buy that would help?
    YEah i would encourage you to buy a waterproof boot liner and also a boot oil if you go with the hoffmans. theyre super comfortable and Reliable. But if your looking for a more Water resistant boot go with a wesco. Ive never had a problem with either one.

7. Default

YEah i would encourage you to buy a waterproof boot liner and also a boot oil if you go with the hoffmans. theyre super comfortable and Reliable. But if your looking for a more Water resistant boot go with a wesco. Ive never had a problem with either one.
    Thanks man

Featured Sponsorr

What about boot height? Is there still a need to have 16" boots with the newer climbing pads?