Thread: Local 220

Hybrid View

Default Local 220

Does anyone know anything about them. I'm trying to find somewhere to get an apprenticeship and the closest JATC is at local 20 in Grand Prairie and they only have Inside Wiremen. Is there anywhere in North Texas to apply for an outside lineman apprenticeship??

Yes local 220 is the outside line in dfw! But I wouldn't even try they don't usually have much work they get few calls for groundmab and a few jl a year! I just spoke with them and most of there guys travel! They have a substation in waco and a reconduct in granbury and a skeleton crew on dart rail and that's about it! Ur best bet is to go to local 66 in houston they also have san Antonio and Austin! Or 1002 in Oklahoma or 602 in Amarillo those will be the closest halls with any work cause my old company likes using ex con or illegal labor that nobody cares if they kill themselves on a regular basis LITERALLY cause they do it really really cheap (meaning you make No money)! Hope this helps of ya need anyore let me know
    Last edited by LINEHAND; 08-05-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Don't suppress yourself.

Thanks Linehand, they emailed me back and told me to talk to SLCT or whatever Southwestern Line Construction. I dont know what to do, Willbros calls me this morning and says they want me to do Cleanup Response team or something , transformer oil and hydraulic leaks, from buckets I'm guessing. I'm not sure if i wanna go that route either I wanna do Real linework.

RCDallas what do you mean don't supress yourself?

I was just talking to linehand. He like to ruffle my feathers and I like to get under his skin.

What your talking about with Willbros doing oil spills is a dead end job. I'm one of the folks that calls them when I roll up on a transformer that is leaking oil. All you do is go around and shovel dirt and put it in a bag. Maybe you'll travel to different parts of Oncor's system and spend a week in a hotel waiting for a call. I hear they might work anywhere from 40-80 hours a week...they don't pay very much as it's pretty much labor.

You'll also go around to different service centers and pump the oil from failed transformers on the dock and put the used into a 55 gallon drum so it can get shipped off to Lancaster. You'll also go on broke poles with transformers leaking oil all over the road and contain it.

Willbros is a rat outfit that is part of the problem linehand is talking about with the illegal and ex con workers.

As far as the oil spill goes, I don't see too many of the same hands...seems like they don't stick very long.

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas View Post
    I was just talking to linehand. He like to ruffle my feathers and I like to get under his skin.

What your talking about with Willbros doing oil spills is a dead end job. I'm one of the folks that calls them when I roll up on a transformer that is leaking oil. All you do is go around and shovel dirt and put it in a bag. Maybe you'll travel to different parts of Oncor's system and spend a week in a hotel waiting for a call. I hear they might work anywhere from 40-80 hours a week...they don't pay very much as it's pretty much labor.

You'll also go around to different service centers and pump the oil from failed transformers on the dock and put the used into a 55 gallon drum so it can get shipped off to Lancaster. You'll also go on broke poles with transformers leaking oil all over the road and contain it.

Willbros is a rat outfit that is part of the problem linehand is talking about with the illegal and ex con workers.

As far as the oil spill goes, I don't see too many of the same hands...seems like they don't stick very long.
    Yea I know that's what my friends on line crews say bout them, they say Standard is alot better. I read meters for Oncor for two years quit cause of the AMI stuff went to line school/community college and here I am just trying to get back in the door, honestly I'd do anything. Standard gave me the run around a tree trimmer wants to hire me then there's willbros so just weighing the options for now