Default Amendment for addition to System Council U-9 By-Laws

Featured Sponsor

Hey guys we had a sub-meeting by a few members of the U-9 under LU-1002. We came up with a proposal to ammend the nonexistant language under the System Council U-9 By-Laws.

it consists of:

After completion of negotiations for all articales under System Council U-9 master agreement. System Council U-9 Delegates shall bring forth proposed contract, to be put to a vote by all good standing members in System Council U-9. Rattification shall be a simple majority.

***There was no language that covered how these proposals should be voted on other than the Delegates had the power to vote any way they wanted. That is how we got a %0 wage increase in 2009. we hope that this will pass the system council vote since we as Local under the U-9 by-laws have no right to vote. If you feel like you should get a substancialized vote please look for this proposal and let your chairmember/BA know about it. we are looking for supporters to loby for this and many more to come change. Thank you for reading and being a part of what could be a great System Council.*****

2. Default that is good news

that's good news. I hope all the locals can vote maybe it will help all the unions under system counic.

3. Default u9 voting

I had thought that under u-9 we would vote as a local. then that vote would transfer to The Council. That way every local had a equal say. But a majority vote sound ok. What would be the pros and cons of these choices?

Default What the U-9 By-laws say

There are only 1 parts in the U-9 By-Laws that i could find that say anything about what is to be done on a vote.

In section 2,
    2.4 reads:

A quorum shall consist of two-thirds of the delegates of the Council, or their designees. Any action taken by the Council shall require a Two-Thirds vote by all delegates or designees in attendance.

From what i have read there is no language that covers voting other than this. This sais that the Council is the only ones voting there is nothing saying that they have to take it back to the locals. Do any of you remember hearing in any regular Unit meeting anything in reguards to accepting a negotiated %0 in 2009?? I dont, not to say our delegates did us rong but we should have voted on it. In my openion (which can be loud some times) we should have had the chance to say what we as a body wanted on that negotiated contract. If they did it once then it is possable for them to do it again. I beleave that System council can be great how ever we have to place the power in the hands of the whole not the few. When you are facing a force of 2000 (not actual numbers) screaming no it is a lot louder than the force of 9 speaking for 200! I have some other ideas also that will change the way we negotiate in order to allign our contracts in the event of a no vote in 2012 if you are interested in hearing them. just let me know id love to hear the groups openions.

5. Default me too

I didn't understand the u9 either.I thought the same thing. the staggering of the contracts to me only benefits the company. there isn't a reason for us too want that (that I know of...Correct me if I'm wrong) What you're saying makes sense to me.

Default 3 months

I for the life of me can agree, why would we want to streach out our right to strike??? Who had that idea, lets just take our big stick and cut into 4 chunks. dont make since to me. I hope we can ratify that in some way....
    Ok lineman

7. Default another thing....

I would bet that under u9 the only way u9 can stand together is on master agreement language. "The zipper cause" That doesn't help the u9's strength either.

8. Default u-9

when u-9 was started we was told how much it would bring all the unions to gather. It looks to me like each local dont know what going on only the one u-9 member is all that knows. we dont get a volt . i thought that that is the way the unions works. will we know whats in the next contract before the vote!

Default Timberland Roll Top Boots

Featured Sponsorr

Timberland footwear really are renowned timberland boots sale each over the world because of the great good quality and personal beauty. Almost every Timberland start up has become timberland boots sale really carefully crafted and simply decorative timberland boots uk pertaining to day by day garments because of industrious experts who timberland boots first deserve a perfect permanence, relaxation and even level security measures individuals need to get cheap timberland boots on the subject of the effort. Particularly, Timberland show good results bottes timberland boots involve well-being stainlesss steel digit including non-steel timberland uk manner boots and shoes timberland boots store that may you're pick dependent upon your situation.Time Timberland continues their valuable trademark, they usually have perhaps took so that you reform ones own creations timberland boots store together with her or his sandals hi-tech to offer you only the very.