Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by alpinestar22 View Post
    Contracts guys! You'll love it here for the first 2 weeks. The 3rd week is stressful as all. I didn't get any sleep last night and probably won't tonight.
    Hey Alpinestar22,
    How did everything go this past week.?

2. Default

Thanks to all. I've been lurking on here for a while. You guys have been more helpful than you can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by kobrapack99 View Post
    Thanks to all. I've been lurking on here for a while. You guys have been more helpful than you can imagine.
    No Problem dude. Just keep updating all of us on here with all your success. I Have found SO MUCH useful information on this forum as well. Post Info as well as updates that you think some1 else would find useful. There are literally hundreds of eyes that pass through these posts and somebody somewhere will appreciate any help at all.

4. Default

Im with you. Time to give back

Quote Originally Posted by Powerline.Athlete818 View Post
    Look out PG&E..HERE I COME!!!!! WoAhhh!!! i Am absolutely ESTATIC!!! Just Got off the phone with PG&E Recruitment. They made me an Offer i COULD NOT REFUSE!!! Looks like ima be in Bakersfield fellas. Which is absolutely amazing seeing how im from L.A.County. God truly works wonders!!! I am set for the SEP.6 class but if too many internal employees bid in i will have to wait till Sep.27. NOT A PROBLEM. i have been waiting patiently and can wait some more!!! i will definitely keep you all posted with my progress. and i wish all those out there who are still waiting the absolute BEST!!! WISH ME LUCK!!!!
    Congrats bro!!!

Quote Originally Posted by noctis7777 View Post
    Congrats bro!!!
    Thanks noctis7777 hope everything works out for you in the future..!

Alright brothers looks like my drug test and background are cleared.PG&E just called and confirmed... only thing left now is the post-offer. I go this monday aug 22. I am a lil nervous. I know its not too crazy but in reality when you get nervous or your adrenaline starts pumpin' you tend to raise your heart rate. I just need 2 relax and breath calmly... Hopefully i will be 1 of the first 25 guys to finish everything so i can be in the upcoming class (SEPT. 6)...if not the next class is SEPT 27. Wish all you out there who are in the same boat the best of luck.

Just out of curiosity, what are your qualifications? Line school? Previous experience? Just wondering so I know what all they're lookin for.

Quote Originally Posted by Roofus View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what are your qualifications? Line school? Previous experience? Just wondering so I know what all they're lookin for.

Well I have a 600hr Climbing Cert. for a Powerline Mechanic trainee, First-Aid/CPR card.Signal Person(CRANES) and Rigging Cert. Forklift cert. and previous crane experience(Articulating boom crane) My previous job was a Trench safety and equipment rentals company.we delivered Steel trench plates,Steel/aluminum man-hole boxes,trench boxes, Hydraulic trench jacks,Slide rails etc. I was a 1Ton and 5 Ton(w/air brakes) Driver. and at times i was a back-up Crane operator.Alot of Trench and pipeline work.(GAS,ELECTRICAL,and WATER). How about yourself..??

Thumbs up All Done.!!

Featured Sponsorr

Hey yall just thought id share some great news...Yesterday i passed my post-offer physical...which means im finally finished with all my pre-employment testing requirements. Now im just waiting for the FINAL call for my Official start date!!!!I sure hope it for SEPT 6.. ... this whole process has been pretty quick and straight to the point. I remember like if it was yesterday i was barely taking the IST/PTB/WOI... HAha memories. Now its the real deal!Thank you jesus. i Am so thankful i have been givin this oppurtunity and it is my MISSION to prove myself worthy of becoming a GREAT LINEMAN! I wish all those who are in the same boat the Best of luck and to those who are still trying to get in...Be Patient and keep your eyes and ears open. Apply to as many places possible. Dnt feel discouraged if it doesnt happen as fast as you wish. KEEP TRYING.NEVER GIVE UP! Well.. Wish me luck and hopefully i see some of you guys i tested with in the field.