Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Ooh when does the probation end? Mine ended July 6th and I barely made it. We had one guy fail it for that.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinestar22 View Post
    Contracts guys! You'll love it here for the first 2 weeks. The 3rd week is stressful as all. I didn't get any sleep last night and probably won't tonight.
    Thanks alpine!!! Im sure ill love it ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!! I know the challenges can get stressful but it will be rewarding once we hit the field ya digg.?? I was wondering.. whats the diff. between General Construction and Division.?

3. Default

Ooh when does the probation end? Mine ended July 6th and I barely made it. We had one guy fail it for that.
    Do you know for sure if it was his probation for his DUI or for other stuff? The court gave me 4 yrs of informal probation and it won't be up till 2013. I just don't get how it would effect my job. It's not like I have a probation officer. I also spoke to the DMV and they said they would still issue me a CDL. Bummer if I loose the job because of that!

4. Default

Hopefully it doesn't. I think all it was was the dui but I'm not completely sure. And gc does major projects and a lot of storm damage. You travel a lot depending where you are located. Division pretty much stays in there yard and does basic work.

Hopefully it doesn't. I think all it was was the dui but I'm not completely sure. And gc does major projects and a lot of storm damage. You travel a lot depending where you are located. Division pretty much stays in there yard and does basic work.
    So does that mean i will not get to see the field but just be a yard dog..??

Quote Originally Posted by Powerline.Athlete818 View Post
    So does that mean i will not get to see the field but just be a yard dog..??
    I could be wrong, but you are going to be in GC. To be hired in a Division is very rare. I know that GC has hired a few Pre-apps. I will guarantee you will not be a yard bird. GC does major projects, Trans. and Dist. Overhead and underground. The papers that you'll sign have a question that asks "Are you willing to travel?" You will do some traveling, mostly storm work, but if work happens to slow down, you could end up anywhere.
    If you come in with a cocky attitude, they will eat you alive. You'll find out real quick how little you know. It's a great place to learn Linework though.
    Good luck.

Well looks like i am going to be in Division after all. I am just a little curious. is there anyone else out there who has been offered a division spot rather than General Construction.??

Default GC vs Division

My last two apes from the outside just got Division jobs,,one in Yuba City the other in Merced....

9. Default

i got division as well

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by kobrapack99 View Post
    i got division as well
    Nice........GoodJob Brother.!! Best of luck and LETS GET IT!!!