Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Stupid question maybe??

Featured Sponsor

The local CO-OP here have this black plastic looking band around their poles that have transformers hanging on them. Does anyone know what purpose they have?

Here's a couple pictures of two different poles.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Radar detector to clock the speed of the man climbing that pole!

Quote Originally Posted by aviewfrom View Post
    The local CO-OP here have this black plastic looking band around their poles that have transformers hanging on them. Does anyone know what purpose they have?

That's easy, it's a cold apprentice stopping point. Or...... they mark where there gaffs need to be to work a shotgun. Or......??
    My guess is it's to keep critters (Cats, Racoons, Squirrels, Drifters) from getting up in the primary, causing an outage.

too slick for a critter to climb is my guess

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by aviewfrom View Post

Good one you got everyone looking at the plastic strip and no one noticed the second photo is a sectionalizer.

critter guard was my guess.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Ummmmmmmm Ittza pole coupling for when yer outta long poles n hafta put 2 short uns together. Or Maybe not

Too funny Poot. . .it's wildlife protection

Thanks for the answers. I thought it may have been a animal barrier but wanted to ask.

@Highplains - I have to admit that I seen and guard with something hanging on the pole and snapped a picture while driving down the road. I hadn't even noticed it was a sectionalizer... oops

That said if someone asks me what they are I'm using Pootnaigle's answer.

Featured Sponsorr

maybe its the line that the electric company owns down to...No electric equipment below that?