Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by west coast hand View Post
    There's also lineman that travel in to somebody elses local and bring there ratty and suck ass ways and get GF and Forman jobs when they have never even worked on the property like what's happening at alot of yards at 1245 right now!!!
    Yeah they try for years to get their ticket transferred to your local and then jump on the first GF's job they can!

Default types of lineman

then theres the type that wants to change out a 25kva urd transformer with the same,damn its only been changed out 3 times in 2 days,could it be overloaded? he states well thats what they want,so thats what we will do,i know everyones seen this type of genius.another subject,how many of you guys dont use computers in your trucks,i guess all large utilities have them,and most contracters dont

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    then theres the type that wants to change out a 25kva urd transformer with the same,damn its only been changed out 3 times in 2 days,could it be overloaded? he states well thats what they want,so thats what we will do,i know everyones seen this type of genius.another subject,how many of you guys dont use computers in your trucks,i guess all large utilities have them,and most contracters dont
    Or the ones who wanna change out the tub on every dam blinkin light call instead of takin the time to look into it a little further!!

Cool

Worked with one who on OT would tighten every damn nut on every bolt and say it was to

stop TVI, but on straight rate, he was blind to all kinds of sh-- that could cause problems.
    How about never got time to do the job right, but always got time to back and do it again
    "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Not all large Utilities have them!! I have been trying to get the Co. to come on board with computers, but they complain the "software" is too expensive!!

Have all these types here as well!

No offence to the older generation but what about the "BACK IN MY DAY" linesman the ones who could this much in this amount of time, forgetten all the saftey rules we youngin's now have to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by hotwiretamer View Post
    Not all large Utilities have them!! I have been trying to get the Co. to come on board with computers, but they complain the "software" is too expensive!!
    Careful what ya ask for! They bring a lot of baggage with'em!

Quote Originally Posted by MI-Lineman View Post
    Careful what ya ask for! They bring a lot of baggage with'em!
    Your probably right, but it sure would be nice to have the updated mapping system at your finger tips when shooting trouble at night!!

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by hotwiretamer View Post
    Your probably right, but it sure would be nice to have the updated mapping system at your finger tips when shooting trouble at night!!
    Me and another lineman were on a trouble call one night, we had half a loop out and we had just got our computers and he told me that as soon as he could get it to load he would tell me where the open loop was, I told him I would go ahead and get started testing the first run of cable, well about a half hour later he told me that he knew where the open loop was, I told him I did to cause I had already found the bad piece of cable isolated it and tied the loop and everybody was back on, he was whipped out. But you are right I have had it come in handy on some tricky backbone URD that I was unfamiliar with, there is no substitution for knowing your system when shooting trouble, but as much as things change daily it can be a handy tool.