Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Default oct nor easter in connecticut

Featured Sponsor

thanks to all who came and helped with power resteration, met alot of good folks, hope ct treated you all well

Hey Trapper,

Is it true Connitcut Light and power only pays time & a half?

I heard that a few weeks ago and find it hard to believe.

Connecticut Loot and Plunder started playing games with storm pay about the time jeff butler showed up from California. The deal is contract calls for double time after 16 hrs. and you stay on it till you get 8 off, the supervisor's under direct orders to make sure you don't get on double time to the extent that there shutting down job's at 13 &14 hr's also getting as many as possible on a 7 to 3 schedule (straight time) then 3 to 11 (time and 1/2). As far as I know this is just for the hometown guys but it is spreading to other Northeast Utilities company's (watch out Nstar)

Default No more Butler in Conneticut

Wondered where J Butler ended up after he left here. It looks like he'll be going somewhere else now, to improve restoration for someone else, resigned from CL&P today. Small world I guess, we have Geisha Williams now. From FPL I think. Outsourcing is their favorite koolaid flavor here right now, takes too long & too expensive to train in-house.

They try to push the same straight time storm cycle here whenever they can. Have us start at regular time after 8 off, send us home early enough to do it again the next day, back on straight time. Doesn't matter how many or how long customers are out, all $$$ driven.

Been sent home in the middle of a small job before, been sent home as early as 7 in the evening because they think the next job will take too long, home in time to see the local news carry on about all the power outages, and the power co. says all workers are working to restore power. At least I had power at my house.

Ummmmmm a phone call to a local news reporter would likely put a stop to that.

6. Default

j butler gone who next ? keep getting sent home storm just last longer contract up in june hpoefully something good comes of it

Well no wonder the customers were getting testy, It was all over the news on the west coast about the pace of the restoration. I'd have gone home if they put me on straight time, thats a bunch a god **** horse sh!t!

Congressman Rep. Jim Himes, whose district includes Monroe, has joined a call for a federal investigation of how Connecticut Light & Power (CL&P) responded to the recent snowstorm that caused massive electricity outages throughout the state.Himes was one of six members of Connecticut’s seven-member federal delegation to ask the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to investigate whether CL&P — owned by Northeast Utilities, which also operates electric companies in nearby states — violated the Energy Policy Act of 2005 by restoring power to other Northeast states more quickly than in Connecticut.
    “We are also deeply troubled by the reliability of the electric system in Connecticut, as this is the second major power disruption in the last two months,” states a letter released by the six federal legislators. “It has also come to our attention that utility customers in the state of Connecticut waited longer than any other state to have their power restored.”
    The letter also was signed by U.S. Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Joseph Lieberman, and Reps. Joe Courtney, Rosa DeLauro and Chris Murphy. All, including Himes, are Democrats. It was not signed by U.S. John Larson, a Democrat who represents the greater Hartford region.

Copy of the letter
    Below is a copy of the letter send seeking a federal investigation:

November 4, 2011

The Honorable Jon Wellinghoff
    Chairman
    Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
    888 First Street, NE
    Washington, DC 20426

Dear Chairman Wellinghoff:

As you are aware, the winter storm that ravaged the Northeast on October 29, 2011 left millions of households and business across the region without power. This disruption to our power system stopped commerce and left millions of our constituents vulnerable to freezing temperatures. We are also deeply troubled by the reliability of the electric system in Connecticut, as this is the second major power disruption in the last two months. It has also come to our attention that utility customers in the State of Connecticut waited longer than any other state to have their power restored. As a result, we request that you investigate Connecticut Light & Power and Northeast Utilities for any potential violations of Section 215 of the Federal Power Act.

The Energy Policy Act of 2005, amended the Federal Power Act and charged FERC with protecting and regulating the reliability of the of bulk-power system. Immediately after the storm, we know that roughly 48% of households in Connecticut were without power. In Massachusetts and New Hampshire 20% and 60% of households were in the same situation. However, five days after the storm—the situation in Massachusetts and New Hampshire improved greatly with 25% and 8% of the households that’s lost power still down. Conversely, in Connecticut 54% of the customers that lost power were still down five days after the storm.

Therefore, we urge the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to immediately open an investigation into the disruption of the bulk power system in the State of Connecticut that was a result of the October 29, 2011 snow storm.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Rosa DeLauro, Member of Congress
    Joseph I. Lieberman, United States Senator
    Richard Blumenthal, United States Senator
    Christopher S. Murphy, Member of Congress
    Joe Courtney, Member of Congress
    Jim Himes, Member of Congress

9. Default

politicians care now just to take the heat off of a sinking CT economy nobody would care if it where the small towns out, but the rich folks seem to matter more

Featured Sponsorr

rich folks is one thing conneticut seams to have cornered the market on.