Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

I went out there for the storms worked in Mass and Conn I was just wondering why it's gloves and sleeve ground to ground even doing secondary and moving phone and they want you wearing them when the line is tested and GROUNDED and wear rubber gloves when hot sticking??? I guess it's just different then the way we work out west...
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

The deal on sleeves and gloves has a lot to do with the fact that so much of the management does'nt have any line experience so its a lot easier to say suit up all the time than to have to think about the actual job at hand. After saying that I also believe that you should always use your PPE when you should, to many people taking dirt naps from short cuts. P.S. don't know how to add link but CL&P catching hell for crappy response see U-tube under CL&P messed up my neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
    The deal on sleeves and gloves has a lot to do with the fact that so much of the management does'nt have any line experience so its a lot easier to say suit up all the time than to have to think about the actual job at hand. After saying that I also believe that you should always use your PPE when you should, to many people taking dirt naps from short cuts. P.S. don't know how to add link but CL&P catching hell for crappy response see U-tube under CL&P messed up my neighborhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSpyvGvcJ74
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
    I agree you should use your PPE when needed but I don't need gloves and sleeves doing secondary and phone or when hot sticking and one of the first things you learn as an app is if it's not grounded it's not dead!!!like I told are birddog what do they do on highline if they want you wearing gloves and sleeves on dead and grounded line or terminating underground cable??? I'm all about safety it just seemed like it's a little overboard
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE