Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by eric5oh View Post
    Hey,

Thanks everybody for the feedback, I've got a lot of good advice and I appreciate it. I will definitely take it into consideration. I'm in the process of finishing my class a taking the test tomorrow. I'm also signed up todos CPR and first aid, by then I'll be flying out to la I've read a couple of topics, dealing with the attire. I was simply going to wear a dress shirt slacks and dress shoes is that okay? I just want to show them some respect. I'm really excited and grateful to be interviewed. I pray this will be my last interview.
    I'm an apprentice in the Cal/nev program. There are about 25 apes who are laid off right now. They plan on starting a class soon & they will re-open for applications later this quarter. As far as dress; dress ready to work & climb! You are applying for linework, not desk work! Every guy on your interview panel is a Journeyman lineman! You need to look the part! Tell them everything they want to hear, LIE if you have to! The interview is more of how they like you more than your experience. You need to kiss their ass BUT don't make it look like you kissing their ass! If they want you in the program they will get you in. It doesn't matter if you was bagging groceries all your life & have not one bit of construction or electrical experience.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HardWorker! View Post
    I'm an apprentice in the Cal/nev program. There are about 25 apes who are laid off right now. They plan on starting a class soon & they will re-open for applications later this quarter. As far as dress; dress ready to work & climb! You are applying for linework, not desk work! Every guy on your interview panel is a Journeyman lineman! You need to look the part! Tell them everything they want to hear, LIE if you have to! The interview is more of how they like you more than your experience. You need to kiss their ass BUT don't make it look like you kissing their ass! If they want you in the program they will get you in. It doesn't matter if you was bagging groceries all your life & have not one bit of construction or electrical experience.
    @ Hardworker do you know if there planing a climbing class this month? And if so how many guys? I know Local 1245 is picking up pretty quick here, from listening to the call outs they've called out about 14 Apprentice in the last 3 days so looks like work is picking up? And also do you know when the next applications will open up, I had heard sometime in april any input is welcome Tnx.....

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HardWorker! View Post
    Hardworker just had one quick question do you know or have you heard when there planning the next class? Also have you heard how the work out look is looking for this year as far as for apprentices? Other comments welcome PLEASE tnx....

HArdworker- when you had you interview how long until you
    Found out what you ranked? And how long did it take you
    To get invited to climbing orientation? Gt my interview in a week
    Needs some tips and curious how it all works

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by josh562 View Post
    HArdworker- when you had you interview how long until you
    Found out what you ranked? And how long did it take you
    To get invited to climbing orientation? Gt my interview in a week
    Needs some tips and curious how it all works
    It takes about two weeks but you can call them in a week and they usually have results then and depending on how the work load is, If your one of the lucky ones you can start the next Monday after finishing climbing orientation. It all come down to how many Apes are out of work!!!!! All my buddy's went to work the following Monday...

Cool good **** thanks for the info. Hope I rabk good! Gonna try my best
    Took all my friends about 4 months until they were invited to a climbing orientation
    But now I thin they are rearin the end of their last hiring cycle. Btw what does the climbing
    Orientation consist of? Any book work involved thing u need to know before you attend?

7. Default

Thanks for the info...I really do apperciate it. Honestly my attire might consist of a dress shirt, khakis and black boots i suppose. I hope thats okay? So i recently just recieved my class A permit yesterday! and im getting my cpr and first aid tomorrow. Im really dedicated to this field. Someone said that age has to do something with rank being higher than others. Also when presenting them with my statud update of obtaining my cpr and class a. should i bring in the actual papers or just make a simple resume? My interview is in a few days, im excited =D any other tips you guys could give me??

Featured Sponsorr

Hey how much did it cost to take your permit?
    I'm planning on taking mine tues. Still readin the book