1. Default Lineman School Or AT&T Job

Featured Sponsor

Looking For some help on this one...i was just laid off from So Cal Edison..I was a meter reader
    and because of smart connect meters now im not.. ive been on a waiting list for a powerline mechanic climbing school in east LA for 19 months and just got an invitation to attend next month..
    sounds good right? well, i also got called from at&t...witch i had applied for months back, i interviewed and got the job, i start at the end of this month. What should I Do? do i pursue my goal of being a lineman or do i take a job with good pay and benefits, but not the job i want to do for the rest of my life.. any help or thoughts would be appreciated

thanks

Ummmmmmm a burd in the hand iz more better thanna burd inna bush, most specially if you gotta family with lil peoples innit. You wont be negated just kause yera a phony.Hang in there n keep tryin

Maxine waters climbing school in Compton starts
    Nov 24th it's tues thurs nights and all day sat
    You might be able to get in. Google it and call them or go
    Down there. Maxine water enployment center

JAn 24th sprry

5. Default

thanks... will do.

Default AT&t or Linework?

im an apprentice in Cal/Nev. I waited for a long time and quit a very good job to go to NLC, now a 5th step apprentice, if you got a family its definitely a tougher choice, but my grunt was a at&t lineman and topped out at like 25 an hour, good money but not linework money, journeyman lineman make 47 and change an hour, 1st steps and grunts make more to START than at&t lineman will ever make, so, with that being said, i have a family now and would do it all over again, definitley persue your dream of being a lineman.
    "That's What's The Matter"

7. Default

[QUOTE=theFNG;121292]im an apprentice in Cal/Nev. I waited for a long time and quit a very good job to go to NLC, now a 5th step apprentice, if you got a family its definitely a tougher choice, but my grunt was a at&t lineman and topped out at like 25 an hour, good money but not linework money, journeyman lineman make 47 and change an hour, 1st steps and grunts make more to START than at&t lineman will ever make, so, with that being said, i have a family now and would do it all over again, definitley persue your dream of being a lineman.

I'm guessing the job is for a prem tech huh? If so that experience will not help you at all because they don't climb or do anything on a pole. Now if it's a splicer than yes it will help. Lineschool is great but its not better than actual experience as long as you can show them that you can climb & take pics of it in my opinion. NLC is a total waste of money!!! They charge 10K plus and the guys who come out are no better off than guys who go to schools charging 300$! Honestly the worst guys in my jatc climbing class were from NLC! The guys at the jatc don't even like guys from there & give them no credit anymore because they don't even teach you how to free climb just buck squeeze. A lot of those guys had a hard time in the class & the ones that got kicked out the class were all from NLC! To theFng you're only a 5th step barely hot; how are you going to refer that guy as "your grunt"? You don't have your ticket yet so you don't have the right to call anybody "your grunt" He's a groundman on your crew!

Ummmmmmmmm yes let us not ferget that yer grunt today may be yer supreme commander tomorrow. Best to impress him with yer skills and abilities instead of yer potty mouth

Featured Sponsorr

sell dope and run guns for a bit while you go through climbing school at E.LA, itll keep the cash flow going. Hell, i'll probably support your cause.