Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ans for lewy :)

Default Ans for lewy :)

Featured Sponsor

Here's wheere and how an 11kv genny is fitted. We built a onne pole T off with a switch either end.you can open the switch on the terminal pole (as in pic) . Connect the genny to the extre insulators mounted on the pole. (Permenently).......
    Then you start the genny an run it up to speed.
    We then close the switch on that pole and it feeds up onto the line.you cann then open the switch on the main line."You can see its jumpperd to one side. Pull the switch further up the line . And hey presto you've isolated a section of the line and no loss of suupply.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

How far apart from each other are these built? Are they just a ways from a substation?

Remember, I'm just a consumer asking a question.

Default as a consumer.:)

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    How far apart from each other are these built? Are they just a ways from a substation?

Remember, I'm just a consumer asking a question.
    This is a special desiign for this particular line.. Its kinda unique. When the line is totaly finished we will remove this extra T off. Its there now coz ya can't feed this line from either end.
    When the hydro generator is built (next year) then it will ba able to be fed from either end. )
    We use this system on existing lines as well.

The switches are installed where required. Depending on amount of "consumers" fed from it.

All it means at the end of the day is.......... As consumers your electric dosent have to be off.
    As a linesman.......... We can work on the line dead ... Which is safer.

And to be honest... It is Quicker in the long run.
    I've worked "hot" as I've said before and this system WORKS

We havnt ( touch wood ) lost a man through electricution in England Scotland or Wales. in over ten years.

Are these unique T's pre built and used again? Depending on where they are needed? How long does it take to put one up?

Default Wow ten years

That is a great stat to be proud of.

I am sad to say that here in the States a time and material consuming project like building the T's(however smart and safe it is) would be scrutinized to death.

I really enjoy your pics and comments as it shows us how things are done elsewhere. It's just BLW(Basic Line Work) in an other part of the world.

We say knock on wood over here but maybe the touching of the wood(keep your minds out of the gutter fellas) would be better on the knuckles

C

Default Easy

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    Are these unique T's pre built and used again? Depending on where they are needed? How long does it take to put one up?
    They are not so much unique . They are made from stock items "uniquely used"
    They come in pieces and we build them on site.
    This T off was built on a Sun morning. By the time the hole was dug we had it built on the ground. The digger lifted it into place. We strung it and installed the jumpers earths and stays ( guys). . We were home by 11.30 am. Shushhhhhh . our boss don't know. ( Hope he don't read thiis) LOL.

Default better to be......

Quote Originally Posted by cololinehand View Post
    That is a great stat to be proud of.

I am sad to say that here in the States a time and material consuming project like building the T's(however smart and safe it is) would be scrutinized to death.

I really enjoy your pics and comments as it shows us how things are done elsewhere. It's just BLW(Basic Line Work) in an other part of the world.

We say knock on wood over here but maybe the touching of the wood(keep your minds out of the gutter fellas) would be better on the knuckles

C
    Glad ya enjoy it. it aint rocket science.( Luckily) basic line work.

But better to be scrutinised to death than electricuted to death .

Have ya worn the "green shirt" yet (or havnt you the build to carry it off).

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    They are not so much unique . They are made from stock items "uniquely used"
    They come in pieces and we build them on site.
    This T off was built on a Sun morning. By the time the hole was dug we had it built on the ground. The digger lifted it into place. We strung it and installed the jumpers earths and stays ( guys). . We were home by 11.30 am. Shushhhhhh . our boss don't know. ( Hope he don't read thiis) LOL.
    Okay. I get the idea now. I've seen work done on poles before putting them in the ground.

There are several items you have posted that I've had to look at the piece on the ground then when they are up and connected to see how they were hooked together. You guys know this without thinking. And I'm visual----so the pics help alot!

Thanks for letting me ask my questions Bren.....and everyone else. I appreciate it.

Default cheers.

Cheers LA. That's what we are here for. ( Carring sharing comunity).

Well most .

Featured Sponsorr

Is the generator synced in or do you just bang a changeover between the station feed and generator feed?
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com