Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cal nev jatc

1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by iwlv433 View Post
    called down to the cal nev jatc today, they said that the list was updated and that i was now number 20 they said that they had no idea when the next climbing school was and there were no interviews that were being scheduled or that they didnt know when they were going to do interviews, has anyone heard any rumors and do you know whats the highest number of people they invite to climbing school i hope its 20 so i can go to them next one, any rumors or info is much appreciated
    Not trying to get you worked up but we had 21 scheduled, one guy showed up 30 minutes late they gave him the boot almost had to call the cops on him to get em to leave and another guy never called to inform them that hed be attending and they told him to kick rocks also, but they put him in the next class. If you do get a letter from the jatc read it and do what it says. The guy that never called to inform them he would be joining had his week long training class about 2 weeks ago he got the same letter everyone else did saying bring all your tools, your red safety book,and be ready to work, he showed up with nothing and the whole class got to do up downs most of the day. The last class they had i believe only was 13 people. Probably just a rumor but theres suppose to be another class april or may.

ya there is always one of those guys in every class, hopefully i will be in the next one. Is there anything that you can tell me so that i can prepair, any advice?

3. Default

ya there is always one of those guys in every class, hopefully i will be in the next one. Is there anything that you can tell me so that i can prepair, any advice?
    Listen to what they say and do it the way they say to do it, and if you dont get in next class dont knock up some chick and ruin your chance of having a great career.

How about if your climbing isn't that well by the time u get invited
    Will they work with ya a bit. To get better or give u the boot?
    Basically should u b climbing like butter by the time u get invited

Default climbing experiance

dang i hope not i have never climbed a pole in my life never even put on climbers i am sure i can do it since i have to problem climbing columns, but they cant expect you to have climbing down like a pro right, i mean its a climbing class and your not even a 1st step yet, did they have anyone in there with no climbing experiance.

6. Default

dang i hope not i have never climbed a pole in my life never even put on climbers i am sure i can do it since i have to problem climbing columns, but they cant expect you to have climbing down like a pro right, i mean its a climbing class and your not even a 1st step yet, did they have anyone in there with no climbing experiance.

How long have you been waiting? Do you have any certs/experience? and what was ur orginal rank?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by josh562 View Post
    How about if your climbing isn't that well by the time u get invited
    Will they work with ya a bit. To get better or give u the boot?
    Basically should u b climbing like butter by the time u get invited
    wats up josh,

It's been a while...i remember you telling me about Max Waters Climbing School in Watts. I went the 1st week to try to add but Buck and Duke were like negative I can't add...lol. There are 2 guys that started the recent class with you, that have my helper's class on Weds. and they kno of you and said you were in they're class. I think it's class 10??? How's climbing going for you?

Quote Originally Posted by 909preapprentice View Post

How long have you been waiting? Do you have any certs/experience? and what was ur orginal rank?
    I applied last April, my original rank was 35th they just put a climbing school through of 15 so dropped me down to 20. My experiance is journeyman ironworker, From my understanding linework and ironwork have a lot of similarities, i have a bunch of certs, some cross into linework some dont, i would say that i have more union training that crosses over then i do certs that cross over , stuff like - OHSA 10, OHSA 30, CERTED FORKLIFT, CERTED BOOMLIFT OPERATOR, CERTED SCAFFOLD ERECTION, OSHA SUBPART R, FIRST AID, CPR, CERTIFIED RIGGER, CRANE OPPERATIONS, HAZZMAT, MSHA, I have a lot of experiance in rigging and steel erection, crane opps,stuffing bolts, plumbing up, setting columns, running cable, reading prints. But i have no experiance in electrical what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 909preapprentice View Post
    wats up josh,

It's been a while...i remember you telling me about Max Waters Climbing School in Watts. I went the 1st week to try to add but Buck and Duke were like negative I can't add...lol. There are 2 guys that started the recent class with you, that have my helper's class on Weds. and they kno of you and said you were in they're class. I think it's class 10??? How's climbing going for you?
    whats up Bro..........ya class 10 well everything was going great!! but i was forced to drop, my girl got preg and needed to find a job asap, to have a more steady income. i think they are setting up another class at the end of april. becasue class 8 should be graduating soon. so im gonna try and get into that one. now that works going smooth ill be able to do both without a problem. but man i like that class leaarned a lot in the short time i was there duke and buck are some good guys man. ive been climbing on my own lately, a friend of mine set a pole in his backyard so we practice on that. hows the helpers class going? pops still teaching it?

Featured Sponsorr

I applied last April, my original rank was 35th they just put a climbing school through of 15 so dropped me down to 20. My experiance is journeyman ironworker, From my understanding linework and ironwork have a lot of similarities, i have a bunch of certs, some cross into linework some dont, i would say that i have more union training that crosses over then i do certs that cross over , stuff like - OHSA 10, OHSA 30, CERTED FORKLIFT, CERTED BOOMLIFT OPERATOR, CERTED SCAFFOLD ERECTION, OSHA SUBPART R, FIRST AID, CPR, CERTIFIED RIGGER, CRANE OPPERATIONS, HAZZMAT, MSHA, I have a lot of experiance in rigging and steel erection, crane opps,stuffing bolts, plumbing up, setting columns, running cable, reading prints. But i have no experiance in electrical what so ever.
    well i guess if they took 15 guys the last class that makes my rank 100!! lol