Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 54 ft today.

Default 54 ft today.

Featured Sponsor

54 ft pole change ( hence the double bracings). Was a bit of a struggle as we've two guys on holiday and then the diggerman rang in sick.. So Dave jumped in the digger. And myself another lineman and the trainee were left to do the rest.... took a bit longer .. But we got there in the end.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Default Angle

Tell me you didn't use the mewp at that angle Bren, If you did it must have some serious jacking.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by stulittle View Post
    Tell me you didn't use the mewp at that angle Bren, If you did it must have some serious jacking.

Stu
    You made me think of something stu............Bren....with lots of your work done on those slopes/hill-sides/mountains.........how many vehicles have you guys flipped over? Be honest I wont tell anyone

Default well...........

Quote Originally Posted by stulittle View Post

Stu

Nah... I striped the old pole from the side.(Where the diggers parked.) Then moved it up the hill out of the way.... Then because the new pole was so much higher than the old one. I had to get the digger to level out a flat spot above the pole change. We needed every inch to reach the top. (Even then it was lucky I'm 6,2" ). "Bit of a streeeeetch"

Default honestly

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    You made me think of something stu............Bren....with lots of your work done on those slopes/hill-sides/mountains.........how many vehicles have you guys flipped over? Be honest I wont tell anyone
    Honestly....... I've turned the hagalan over once. And two other lads have as well.. The dumper and the bucket have slid down the hill (and I mean right down , over 100 ft skid marks). A few times. We often have to chain the machines to the digger as we track them about. But we've lost the digger a coouple of times as well.... If it starts raining heavy we struggle to stand up at times.

I've been working on SLOPES so long "one leg is longer than the other.

Default See......

We put two ranging rods in before we remove the old poles so we can get the new ones in the same place. Here's a pic of the rods "plumbed" and it gives ya maybe a better idea of the "ANGLES".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Do you get billed extra for rolling the Hagalans? Or is it just part of its normal lifestyle.

How do they fare when rolled anyway?
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    Do you get billed extra for rolling the Hagalans? Or is it just part of its normal lifestyle.

How do they fare when rolled anyway?
    They stand up prety well. Didn't mention to the guy that rents them that we roolled it. It wasn't a full 360 roll ...... Just on to its side. And they are quite strong so wernt damaged "Much". JustBroken mirros etc...... .

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Honestly....... I've turned the hagalan over once. And two other lads have as well.. The dumper and the bucket have slid down the hill (and I mean right down , over 100 ft skid marks). A few times. We often have to chain the machines to the digger as we track them about. But we've lost the digger a coouple of times as well.... If it starts raining heavy we struggle to stand up at times.

I've been working on SLOPES so long "one leg is longer than the other.

I do believe you,I bet you had lots of skid marks

Featured Sponsorr

And once you've rolled 'em, are they easy to roll back up the right way again?
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com