Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    So, by that statement Labor, any Lineman that works for a Non union Utility or Co-op as a, qualified Journeyman Lineman, by that Utility or Co-op is a "Rat" to you....? Really?

Sad. So, the only "Journeyman Lineman" that can ever BE Jouneyman Lineman....MUST be union.
    By Your thinkin maby.

But NOT real life thinkin.
    Really dont care what you think, but tell me, where does the Journeyman name come from???
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    A recepe for disaster.....BTW, Aint no such thing as a rat JL.......
    No sir, this is a recipe to get someone killed. If I were to drive by this jobsite and see something like this I would shut it down even if is was not my company. We all do hazard recognition training we all should be using it!

I'm sick and tired of kids working things way out side of there training--tired of reading accident reports and ****ed sure tired of reading death certificates on this site and many others. We as lineman need to be more proactive about our trade. Mr Bren G. is spot on attack on multiple fronts: including their front door if you have access. Otherwise, when those kids get killed; it's our fault.

work safely,

L.A.Martin
    Journeyman Div III
    CVEC
    Last edited by LAMartin.CVEC; 06-05-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: blah
    There's no such thing as "The End Of The Line!"

If you think you are worth what you know, you are very wrong. Your knowledge today does not have much value beyond a couple of years. Your value is what you can learn and how easily you can adapt to the changes this profession brings so often. -- Jose M. Aguilar

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Really dont care what you think, but tell me, where does the Journeyman name come from???
    Medieval times, french word "journee" which means one day, referring to the right to charge one days labor. Journeyman served under masters until they submitted a master work. Thanks wikipedia!

Quote Originally Posted by apprenticelineman View Post
    Talked to two guys I went to NLC with tonight that are working up in bakersfield California for a rat contractor and they sent me some pics of the two of em rubbing gloving out of a bucket! They have less than one year combined experience in linework and no groundman experience, also it was two apprentices in a bucket not a JL and an apprentice but two guys that have LESS THAN ONE YEAR COMBINED between em working primary by themselves. How does this sh!t happen?
    Are they in the oil fields? Must be, cause that wouldnt be happening otherwise.

Default Not a Lineman

You are not a Lineman with 1 year in the trade. I don't care who you are. And you ask why these young men are doing rubber gloveing at less then one year in the trade. "IT's BECAUSE IT's A RAT OUT FIT."

Default By the way

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by orgnizdlbr View Post
    a recepe for disaster.....btw, aint no such thing as a rat jl.......
    iwould like to know what thats suppose to mean--