Default the last safety meeting

Featured Sponsor

For you guys still in the trade,can you remember what your last safety meeting was about? Did the safety rep keep everyones attention.,tell us how it went and what could have improved it in your mind.If I was in the safety dept.I surely would bring up some comments that are made on this website,it would certainly make that hour pass,and it would be more interesting than some meetings that I have attended.........any good ideas on what you would like to see in a safety meeting........personally I think some insight from the accident victims family would wake a few folks up........hearing them tell about how difficult it is being without a loved one,the worries about where they will get their next meal,and how do they make it when they are facing the bills that are constantly coming in.......your attitude about safety affects more than meets the eye.....so next time there is a short-cut that doesnt need to be taken,maybe we all can take a step back....and ask ourselves ........Is it really worth it?........I dont think so.......by the way, if your safety meetings are boring,get involved.........talk to the other guys and ask for suggestions.....it is your meeting,and if the safety guy gets his feelings hurt.....buy him a get well soon card.

Some of the best and more than that ones that I took something out of were years ago by a guy who had been a lineman named Kyle Roberts, I believe they were titled The tale of 2 snakes and It could cost you the shirt off of your back, If you haven't ever watched either one of these you should, bear in mind these were over 20 years ago when he came and gave us the safety meeting, but most of what he said still rings true today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    Some of the best and more than that ones that I took something out of were years ago by a guy who had been a lineman named Kyle Roberts, I believe they were titled The tale of 2 snakes and It could cost you the shirt off of your back, If you haven't ever watched either one of these you should, bear in mind these were over 20 years ago when he came and gave us the safety meeting, but most of what he said still rings true today.
    Kyle Roberts is a legend. He was known all over the country for his inspired safety programs. Co-ops in Florida lost a great asset when he retired.
    I don't give em hell, I just tell the truth and they think it is Hell! - Truman

I think Ill look him up,read what he has to say,when lineman say that he's a legend,that is saying alot ....never heard of him,but Ill do some reading up.

Default Remember Charlie

Seen this video at our safety meeting yesterday very good. BTW, the meeting was on PPE & TailBoards.
    http://youtu.be/cVgKyADdIBQ

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by PA BEN View Post
    Seen this video at our safety meeting yesterday very good. BTW, the meeting was on PPE & TailBoards.
    http://youtu.be/cVgKyADdIBQ
    Thanks PA BEN.....thats what happened to me,,did it a thousand times and could have done it in my sleep,could have even done it backwards....but no...that day I was in a hurry,and somehow let my mind wonder in that dark stinky place.....hate to put it this was,but maybe my head was halfway up the you know what.