Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Can someone give me a reason?

Featured Sponsor

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/non...ay+Anything%29

I do not want to turn this into a union/non union debate, i am just curious if there would be an actual reason for doing this or is it just plain old arrogance? It blows my mind that this would happen.

During the 1998 ice storm we went in to Hydro Ones territory to help & 1 of the guys asked why we were helping because we were not part of the Power Workers union, we are IBEW. Needles to say we stayed & helped. So yes I can believe it.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kooman View Post

I do not want to turn this into a union/non union debate, i am just curious if there would be an actual reason for doing this or is it just plain old arrogance? It blows my mind that this would happen.
    In alot of places, being union is more important than anything else.
    Even in a disaster.
    Non union help is not appreciated or wanted in union areas.

I've always wondered how the People of union states feel about a mentality like that.

I can try to give you a reason...its simple to me.....Idiots....To me it wouldnt make a difference ,if my lights were off,its now going on what, 6 days....I wouldnt care if Captain Kangaroo got my lights back on...but thats just me.

I do think we're talking the same issue that's on the Union issues thread they should be combined so we don't do what the media and politicians do, confuse the issue with smoke and mirrors.

Ummmm I bleve like sumbody else dun sed all the major utililies have a clause that says in the event of catostropic storm that any and sll all work stoppages will cease until power is restored

This was not a union or nonunion issue and it was found later that these were not the facts. So do not believe everything you read once again.
    Ed Mings
    International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
    International Representative
    Construction and Maintenance Department

Well whatever happened it was discussed in various other technical forums and did the IBEW image no good at all. Not that you need any help to do that.

As I've said before, I'm pro-union, but once a union has been running a while, the management starts to rot.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

This is absolutely not true. We have alot of non-union Oklahoma Gas and Electric gys out there workin there buts off and not being turned away. I think someone else said it. Don't believe everything you read.

Quote Originally Posted by kooman View Post

Blog Entries

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    In alot of places, being union is more important than anything else.
    Even in a disaster.
    Non union help is not appreciated or wanted in union areas.

I've always wondered how the People of union states feel about a mentality like that.
    Listen Swamp, this farce was perpetrated by Sean Hannity and is complete BS!!!! I've been running non union crews from South Carolina since last Wednesday and you know I've been union 40 years. The crews are **** good and I'd be proud if they'd join the IBEW.

I'd like to meet mr Hannity, I'd stuff my foot in hi a$$ for lying like the dog he is. We're happy to have the privelidge to work with these guys and happy to report they show some interest in the IBEW
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt