Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cal/Nev

1. Default just called the office!

Featured Sponsor

Just called the office and they said that they have processed applications up until april 18th. So if they recieved ur app from april 1st to april 18th, you should have recieved a letter, and this is for ppl with no previous experience or CDL A and line cert. I heard they divide the apps by certs/experienced ppl and non-cert/exp ppl. Obviously cert/experienced ppl get first dibs over the nons. April 18th....wow I'm going to be waiting my turn patiently, knowing they recieved my app May 20th. Good luck ppl!

That makes sence because I have no experience and just got my letter a month ago. 3 of my
    Other friends interview in July and were in climbing class in oct and are all working now.
    I just hope a can get some climbing practice in first before the class so I know what I'm looking at.

3. Default

Good Luck with the test, Safety First!

Default Jatc

israel we went to NLC at the same time, why are you just applying now? im the guy that withdrew from school like a month in to it. hows everything?
    "That's What's The Matter"

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by theFNG View Post
    israel we went to NLC at the same time, why are you just applying now? im the guy that withdrew from school like a month in to it. hows everything?
    Hey bud how's everything? I got hired on with So Cal and brushed it of for almost 2 years.....alot of bull**** with Utilities, so I figure I go through the outside were I could travel and get away from home for a while...been working as a groundman waiting for something to come up and I'm done with that!!!!!! So u been staying busy all this time? U should b getting close to finishing up?

Yeah man just a few more months. where you working at now days?
    "That's What's The Matter"

Default Dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by israelmarquez View Post
    Hey bud how's everything? I got hired on with So Cal and brushed it of for almost 2 years.....alot of bull**** with Utilities, so I figure I go through the outside were I could travel and get away from home for a while...been working as a groundman waiting for something to come up and I'm done with that!!!!!! So u been staying busy all this time? U should b getting close to finishing up?
    If you're in distribution at SCE stay there and wait for an apeship.
    It's the luck of the draw with an outside line apeship on what experience one gets. Some guys spend all there time in distro yards and get lucky. However, Nowadays most guys either get STUCK for up to a year or longer on solar, fiber, substation, palnuts, communication, transmission (pinning steel together), service crew, vault inspections or some other NON thinking job. They warehouse you to wherever theres an opening NOT to where you need experience to become a diverse green journeyman lineman when you top out. The work is not like it used to be. Now if youre one of the GF's or superintendants sons then you'll be hanging on daddys beltloop.

Im one of those (6th step) apprentices thats been on alot of BS transmission and NON thinking jobs. I have very little hot time and/or overhead distro and no underground, i refuse to lie about my hot time hours. Im going to hold myself back because i dont have near the experience i need for my step. Theres alot of guys in my shoes. All of my friends with edison are very good hands and highly knowledgable. Stay there and grind it out!