Default I need info on the Bug Zappers

Featured Sponsor

Usually flys dont mess with me,but this morning theres one that keeps bugging me and Im tired of his $hit.Ive been thinking of buying a Bug Zapper,they make different types but this one looks like a tennis racket...you put batteries in it,so when hitting a fly you dont have to hit it against anything like a counter,just swing in the open air and his little life should be over.So,has anyone bought one and if so do they work well? I hate spending 6plus dollars on something that doesnt work......by the way...........Clive,do you have any idea how many amps are used on those zappers,you can answer today,thanks.

Ummmmmmmmmm the average Bug Zapper uses a transformer to step up the voltage to around 2000 volts. there is a gap between a grounded mesh and the energized mesh with a light inside the 2. when Mr bug passes thru the first mesh and make similtaneous contact with mesh 2 he is basicially vaporized. In terms of current I aint sure but it wouldnt take much current to do in a bug.
    They are not good for Skeeters cause skeeters aint attracted to the light,like junebugs or flys .

Skeeters are attracted to CO2 make a bug zapper with a light that releases CO2. Youd have a winner

Ummmmmmmm the skeeters in texas kin stand flat footed n screw a turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummmmmmmm the skeeters in texas kin stand flat footed n screw a turkey.
    I can kill any mesquito if I continue eating what I ate yesterday,even my eyes were watery,bad gas.

Featured Sponsorr

The hand held zapper wands use a small step-up circuit to charge a capacitor. It's the stored charge on the cap that despatches the fly with a crack. Fun as a toy, but you'd be better with something that ran without you having to chase the flies. For indoor use the UV ones work fine (get a decent one though).

For outdoors use you'd be better with a mosquito magnet if you have a major issue. These burn propane or butane gas slowly in a catalytic converter to produce a plume of warm, moist carbon dioxide. Biting insects follow the trail to what they think is an animal and get sucked into a net. They tend to attract the female (biting) of the species, and with prolonged use will break the breeding cycle and reduce the number of biting insects in the vicinity significantly.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com