Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Any word yet for the ones that took the ALP? We're coming up on the 2 week mark so I thought I would check to see if any news has came through since I hadn't seen any posts yet.

i got a thank you come again last friday...... i have no clue what they are looking for in people... i did good in the interview... the first interview of two the guy asked me if i interviewd before as if i was answering the questions really good... well on the bright side ill be working in nyc and long island for the summer witch me and the fiance wanted to do anyways... some day ill be back on the west...

3. Default

Pre-Apprentice popped up on the PG&E website this afternoon. Good luck everyone!!!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkypeet View Post
    Pre-Apprentice popped up on the PG&E website this afternoon. Good luck everyone!!!
    Anyone hear anything from PG&E from the last posting for the Pre-Apprentice spots?

Yeah I got the denial yesterday. It was quick this time. PGE came through last week and told us they were only hiring 60 pre-apprentice this year in three groups so it seems there will be one more hiring later this year for 20 more. BUT, he also said that for every 1 applicant they take off the street for the program, they have to offer 1 spot for internal employees due to union regs. So, I'm not sure if this means there are only 30 outside hires or if there is going to be 60.

6. Default

I got an email saying that the initial review of my application was complete and if I was selected to continue in the recruiting process that they would contact me in the next week. I want to be excited but then again I just might get denied like I have for every other job I have applied for at pg&e. Anybody else get the same email or have in the past? I'm crossing my fingers.

7. Default

I got that same email. Then I got another one 3 days after that saying.....Dear Applicant,
    Thank you for your interest in the Pre-Apprentice Lineman position with PG&E. Our records indicate that you have previously taken and passed the required assessments PTB, IST, and WOI.

If you are selected to move forward in the recruiting process you will be contacted within the next two weeks to be scheduled for the physical Assessment for Lineworker Progression (ALP) test.

Passing this assessment is a hiring requirement agreed to by PG&E and IBEW Local Union 1245.

You will be contacted within the next two weeks.

Hopefully I at least get an interview.

8. Default

^nice man! So I read your post last night and was bummed that I didn't receive an email like you did. I never passed those tests that it said in your email so I decide to check my junk mail just to see if anything was in there. And of course there was a pg&e email from a recruiter saying that they wanted to invite me take those tests and to schedule a day next week. However you must do it by 5:00 pm yesterday...yeah I read that at 9:30 last night! Ugh! I'm so bummed! I sent an email last night anyway and I'm gonna call them on Monday to see if I can somehow get in. I don't know why that particular email went to my junk when every other one has gone straight to my inbox. So frustrating. Lesson learned. Check your junk box too!

9. Default

So I was able to get in and am scheduled for the PTB, IST and WOI (at least I'm assuming) next week. Anyone take those and have any advice? Thanks.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Top shelf View Post
    So I was able to get in and am scheduled for the PTB, IST and WOI (at least I'm assuming) next week. Anyone take those and have any advice? Thanks.
    Did you get to pick where your taking the test?