Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

Almost every single electrocution mentioned on this forum is down to a pole being guided into a hole and touching live lines. And apart from the fact the electrocution shouldn't have happened in the first place, there was no defibrillator on hand to at least get the victims heart back in sync.

In the UK the employer would probably be facing corporate manslaughter charges. But not in America, where many more fathers will die needlessly this year to "keep the meters turning".

But hey, he died a hero and I'm sure his co-workers will have a short whip round to give his family a token gesture sum of cash that won't even see them through a year. I'm also sure that some lawyer will make more cash just by perverting the course of justice to get the company off the hook and save them having to pay compensation.

America. Hard working lions led by greedy useless donkeys.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    Almost every single electrocution mentioned on this forum is down to a pole being guided into a hole and touching live lines. And apart from the fact the electrocution shouldn't have happened in the first place, there was no defibrillator on hand to at least get the victims heart back in sync.

In the UK the employer would probably be facing corporate manslaughter charges. But not in America, where many more fathers will die needlessly this year to "keep the meters turning".

But hey, he died a hero and I'm sure his co-workers will have a short whip round to give his family a token gesture sum of cash that won't even see them through a year. I'm also sure that some lawyer will make more cash just by perverting the course of justice to get the company off the hook and save them having to pay compensation.

America. Hard working lions led by greedy useless donkeys.
    AMERICA, a place where thousands of well trained line crews set poles in hot primary everyday without issue, but this thread is hardly the place for a debate, accidents don't just happen over here, last I checked no one is immune to them. Charlie.

It is a very sad day indeed when a 20 year old lad gets killed doing one of our most basic jobs, installing poles. My condolences to his family and friends. I have to say that something is seriously wrong when someone dies this way. Any number of things could have saved this young fella, rubber gloves, coverup, pole guard, etc. A trend I have noticed is for fellas to trust the pole grabbers to hold a pole , this is a serious mistake! I have sen them open up when the pole leans onto them, the butt must be kept under control until well in the hole. Something about this story doesn't make sense, I hope it is found out and gets straightened out.

First heard of this accident from a posting on another web site. Had a link to another news source that had a photograph and video of accident site. Looks like crew was using a tracked digger/derrick. According to that report, a gust of wind caused pole to fall out of pole claws on boom and it swung into and contacted a 138kV transmission line.
    I don't give em hell, I just tell the truth and they think it is Hell! - Truman

This accident happened Friday Labor Day weekend. I was on it, 5am Sat because I smelled BULLSH!T. I was comimg back from Dodge city KS, pasted through Medicine Lodge, about noon, and stopped in Anthony, KS to see friends. was making one more ride that week, before riding to Wichita Falls to sell my motorcycle, and just wanted a ride. There was no wind and hot end very little brease that week let along gust of wind in or near Medicine Lodge. By the way I haven’t seen one comment on how much wind it takes to blow the top of a pole out of pole claws. Come on tell me how a butt heavy pole get blown out of pole claws. Anyway in Anthony having beers at the pool hall, with my non-union friends at the Swamprat type city municipal, we heard this on the Wichita KS 6pm news. These boys in Anthony some have never been out of the county and worked there since high school smelled a rat. I got enough of beer in me by 9 pm and rode the other 170 miles home and started looking into this company. Well RAT IS RIGHT Started business in 2002. I am not posting the sources or everything I found out, but you don’t set pole near 138,000 under the conditions they were working. So go ahead and welfare to care for.

This is what I posted Sat. Aug 31,2013
    Lineman electrocuted, another injured in Barber County cjonline.com
    Well boys and girls I was going to remain everyone what labor day is about and reading the morning news said it all in The Topeka Capital-Journal
    Lineman electrocuted, another injured in Barber County

ONE DEAD ONE ONE HOSPITALIZED. 20 years old and they called him a lineman. IN YOUR WET DREAMS. Sending this information to OSHA DOL, and set the wheels in motion. ****ed RATS are invading territory.
    TRACK UTILITIES INC. PROUD PARTNERS WITH OSHA????

http://trackutilitiesinc.com/

A Brief Overview
    Established in 2002, Track Utilities has grown by leaps and
    bounds over the years.

Worker from Washington state killed Thursday when contacting power line
    Another G)D****ED UNTRAINED RAT SCAB CONTRACTOR.

http://cjonline.com/news/2013-08-30/...-barber-county
    NOW I WILL GO AWAY AGAIN UNTIL ANOTHER SCAB KILLS A YOUNG KID.
    Why did the first electrical workers feel the need to Unionize? To give you something to rail against? No. Because there was a 50% mortality rate in the business. Safety! IT IS STILL TRUE TODAY!

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    This accident happened Friday Labor Day weekend. I was on it, 5am Sat because I smelled BULLSH!T. I was comimg back from Dodge city KS, pasted through Medicine Lodge, about noon, and stopped in Anthony, KS to see friends. was making one more ride that week, before riding to Wichita Falls to sell my motorcycle, and just wanted a ride. There was no wind and hot end very little brease that week let along gust of wind in or near Medicine Lodge. By the way I haven’t seen one comment on how much wind it takes to blow the top of a pole out of pole claws. Come on tell me how a butt heavy pole get blown out of pole claws. Anyway in Anthony having beers at the pool hall, with my non-union friends at the Swamprat type city municipal, we heard this on the Wichita KS 6pm news. These boys in Anthony some have never been out of the county and worked there since high school smelled a rat. I got enough of beer in me by 9 pm and rode the other 170 miles home and started looking into this company. Well RAT IS RIGHT Started business in 2002. I am not posting the sources or everything I found out, but you don’t set pole near 138,000 under the conditions they were working. So go ahead and welfare to care for.

This is what I posted Sat. Aug 31,2013
    Lineman electrocuted, another injured in Barber County cjonline.com
    Well boys and girls I was going to remain everyone what labor day is about and reading the morning news said it all in The Topeka Capital-Journal
    Lineman electrocuted, another injured in Barber County

ONE DEAD ONE ONE HOSPITALIZED. 20 years old and they called him a lineman. IN YOUR WET DREAMS. Sending this information to OSHA DOL, and set the wheels in motion. ****ed RATS are invading territory.
    TRACK UTILITIES INC. PROUD PARTNERS WITH OSHA????

http://trackutilitiesinc.com/

A Brief Overview
    Established in 2002, Track Utilities has grown by leaps and
    bounds over the years.

Worker from Washington state killed Thursday when contacting power line
    Another G)D****ED UNTRAINED RAT SCAB CONTRACTOR.

http://cjonline.com/news/2013-08-30/...-barber-county
    NOW I WILL GO AWAY AGAIN UNTIL ANOTHER SCAB KILLS A YOUNG KID.
    Post#9 I believe Linemanfrog asked about just what kind of wind it would take to blow a pole out of the claws, I think he is probably like some of the rest of us and just doesn't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    Post#9 I believe Linemanfrog asked about just what kind of wind it would take to blow a pole out of the claws, I think he is probably like some of the rest of us and just doesn't buy it.
    Sorry I missed his post some how, Very seldom I even ride in this area, of Kansas, but like I said, it was a farewell motorcycle ride.
    Talk about drug use and abuse. 1961 I traded a 1947 Model 2 Mustang (and $100) for a smoking oil consuming tank shift suicide clutch, 1949 Panhead, and since selling the Goldwing last month, I can't sleep, been through about 3, 1.75 liters of EVERCLEAR. YOU DON'T RIDE THAT LONG AND JUST WALK AWAY.
    OK nuff said in wrong thread. I talked to Business Manager Paul Lira, today and he said that all information dried up, because of that very statement of wind blowing pole out of claws and into 138kv. I want to find out who owned the 138 line and see if the was a call made on the circuit.
    Why did the first electrical workers feel the need to Unionize? To give you something to rail against? No. Because there was a 50% mortality rate in the business. Safety! IT IS STILL TRUE TODAY!

Default Warren

Featured Sponsorr

Pole too big for the grabbers? Pole rigged too low? faulty pole grabbers, possibly seriously bent or otherwise broken, no preplanning making sure everyone involved knows what is required of them, working in an unsafe weather condition? Lack of safety devices such as pole covers or other barriers? Strange how a lot of fatalities look like they were planned, I've seen some that looked like out and out suicide. But the families will suffer for a long time.

Nothing is foolproof, the fools are too ingenious.