Thread: Isle of Man

Default Isle of Man

Featured Sponsor

I'm watching coverage of the TT racing and those guys don't fool around. . . . Not many people shopping or out walking their dogs in those little towns and villages. . . .Their not crossing streets at least!

The TT course itself is a complete no-go area during the races. Here on the IOM the race week itself is treated like a holiday.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Scared

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    I'm watching coverage of the TT racing and those guys don't fool around. . . . Not many people shopping or out walking their dogs in those little towns and villages. . . .Their not crossing streets at least!
    Watched young Dunlop break the lap record on the BMW.
    HAVE TO TURN AWAY WHEN THE ON BOARD SHOTS ARE ON.
    " freaks me out
    Booked me tickets to Brno earlier today. Realized that I am tooo old to camp at the track for the weekend.it gets very hot in August. Got me a hotel " with air con ..."
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Watched young Dunlop break the lap record on the BMW.
    HAVE TO TURN AWAY WHEN THE ON BOARD SHOTS ARE ON.
    " freaks me out
    Booked me tickets to Brno earlier today. Realized that I am tooo old to camp at the track for the weekend.it gets very hot in August. Got me a hotel " with air con ..."
    I'd say you getting wimpy but I'd do the same if I had the chance. Have a good time.

Default Bruce almighty on board

Yeah, this is why it's rather pointless trying to watch the race itself. They just streak past in a noisy little blast of colour. The atmosphere while the racing is on is electric though.

And talking of electric, the TT races have an electric bike race too. And they get faster every year. We're not talking motability scooters here, we're talking proper high speed electric racing bikes most notable for their near silence as they rocket round the course.

Tomorrow's the local event, the Ramsey Sprint which is just pure acceleration and speed. A few of the bikes are specifically engineered to go in a very limited straight line and accelerate forcibly without flipping.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

I saw the side cars yesterday. . .holly molly! I'll see if they show the electrics, that would be interesting .

Default Fast

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    I saw the side cars yesterday. . .holly molly! I'll see if they show the electrics, that would be interesting .
    They are doing a lap now at ( average 115 mph )

Featured Sponsorr

Two racers dead so far and endless accidents around the island. Typical TT then.

www.bigclive.com