jlively Guest

Default Where are the Linemen?

Featured Sponsor

Besides powerlineman.com and monster.com - where can you find most lineman journeyman/apprentices? Where do you all look for jobs online or in publications (magazines, journals, etc)? Is this the only place?

National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Most utilities and larger contractors have websites. On those websites is usually a page called “careers”.

Also:

Try the local newspapers classified “jobs”.
    Have Trampbag, Will Travel

Everyone who comes here brings a little joy.

Some when they come in. Others when they leave.

Also your not going to get into a large utility as a lineman. Unless your already a lineman. Get in any way you can. Meter reader, floor sweeper, anything. Then you can 'bid' into the line dept.
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Default Pad up your resume

Featured Sponsorr

You can and should enter into one of many schools around the country that gives you the skills to become an apprentice lineman. You need to man-up and dedicate yourself to this and only this if you want into this trade. You HAVE TO be better than all around you to compete for the attention of anyone looking for apprentices. Good Luck...