Default Man Hurt At East KY Power Company

Featured Sponsor

"A man was airlifted to UK Hospital with serious injuries Monday after a crane cable at a Clark County power company snapped, causing a wooden pole to fall and hit him.

The incident happened at about 12:45 p.m. Monday at East Kentucky Power in Winchester. Spokesperson Nick Comer says a contractor who does not work for the power company was moving an 80-foot-long pole weighing about 5,200 pounds onto a truck when a cable broke on the rig, causing the pole to drop, hitting the contractor.

The man, whose name hasn't been released, is a contractor with Irby Construction."

Default Keep Us Updated

I hope the man will recover. We were just discussing with our squeeks how dangerous spotting, loading, and unloading poles can be. We actually had a 50' class 1 cedar pole snap on a trailer 2 months ago, after it had been loaded, and was being stapped down.

Unhappy

our safety man told us that the lineman is still in a coma. this has been almost a month does anyone know what happened and who was hurt?

Default Sorry no Update.

Featured Sponsorr

I have not heard anything sense the accident about this lineman or his condition, but I will try to talk with some friends and see what the word is.