Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fly Boys

Cool Cool fly over

Featured Sponsor

Working down on the water front today on a URD job when the B-24 did two fly over's. About 20 min.s later the B-17 went by. I wish I had an extra 500.00 bucks for a ride. My house is by the airport so I called my wife at home to get the camera out she just had time to open the window to take this one of the B-24.
    Last edited by PA BEN; 06-18-2007 at 07:00 PM.

dbrown20 Guest

Default If you

boys are really interested in flying you need to read this book. "BOYD" by Robert Coram. It's quite eye opening and actually sorta astounding I think.

I took some lessons once in 1965. This guy had an old Aeronica Champ and he gave me lessons dual for guess what? $8 per hr. Unbelieveable. I remember he was 58 years old at the time and had been flying since he was 16 years old.

Talking Pictures

I took these from out side of the fence.

Default More

Default More pict.s

B-17G,B-24 and B-25

B-25 fly over my house

6. Default Aircraft

I think most of these will be at oshkosh next month. Thanks for the pics pa.

skyking Guest

Thumbs up

Nice bird Bull Dog. Also nice pics Shaun. I fly also, been flying since '88. Am a part owner of a Cessna Cardinal. I fly out of W.Pa. Haven't had to much time to check out the forum on a regular basis, been working 6&7 tens much of the last 3 yrs. Am also a CFI hoping to get back into teaching on a more regular basis. Nice to know there are other fellow pilots out there.

skyking Guest

Those are some great shots PA BEN. The B-17 in the pic with the last 3 digits on the tail of 909, was restored at my home airport. Probably 13yrs ago it ran off the end of the runway at the end of an airshow, it was beat up pretty bad. It took a cpl of yrs and a lot of volunteer work to restore it. I'm glad it still flys and looks great.

Default Turbo props.

Featured Sponsorr

You guys would love some of the planes we use for island hopping here in Scotland.

Whenever I visit my parents on the Isle of Man it's always a twin engine turbo prop I fly in. Usually a Shorts I believe. Nice views from flying low, but rather bumpy on windy days. Now those things CAN turn on a sixpence.